Have any YouTubers ever upset you directly?

Stompgal_87
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Have any YouTubers ever upset you directly?

Post by Stompgal_87 »

Since I did not want to discuss this in the Trash A Guru forum because I am not one for slating people by name, I have decided to create a topic asking if any YouTubers have ever upset you directly. I have two that I would like to mention without giving their real names.

YouTuber A is one who I had been watching for three months up to the point of her upsetting me. While she was away on holiday I was going through a hard time and I got distracted so I decided to search for a formula that allowed me to find old Tweets. I found the formula and used it to find a Tweet that triggered my curiosity. My curiosity then got the better of me and I retweeted it. A few days later YouTuber A blocked me and I was very upset and confused by this but two people in her network contacted me saying it was because I retweeted the Tweet and I had unintentionally upset her by doing so. Other people in her network blocked me too. These days I still watch YouTuber A from time to time but don't comment on her videos anymore.

Shortly after YouTuber A blocked me, I mentioned this in the comments of a video by YouTuber B. A few months after this someone mentioned both YouTubers A and B in the same Tweet and I replied saying YouTuber A blocked me. Someone else posted a Tweet mentioning both those YouTubers and I also replied to that one saying YouTuber A blocked me. Later on that day I received a notification saying YouTuber B sent me a direct message. At first I got excited and went to my Twitter DM inbox but when I read the message my excitement very quickly turned to despair. While YouTuber B acknowledged my upset of YouTuber A blocking me, she requested that I no longer mention it since in her book it became repetive and made her feel uncomfortable. By the time I finished reading the message I began crying and replied apologising to YouTuber B for causing her discomfort. I received no further response from her which made me think she didn't accept my apology. Because I was still distraught by YouTuber B's message, I didn't comment on her new video that went up that evening. I also had no idea why mentioning YouTuber A blocking me became repetitive but I put it down to having mentioned it in the comments of some videos as well. The day after YouTuber B messaged me I didn't reply to any of her Tweets - I just gave them likes. The following day she Tweeted announcing she had reached a particular milestone or been shortlisted for an award. I replied congratulating her and she either liked my reply or responded saying thank you. I was thrilled to have had good communication with her again so I deleted her DM because I didn't want to dwell in it and continued to support her ever since.

mustachiolady_
Learner
Learner

Re: Have any YouTubers ever upset you directly?

Post by mustachiolady_ »

Once Youtuber C came to my hometown (I live 1 hour away from LA so every now and then youtubers come wandering in), and obnoxiously vlogged in an around some local small businesses. I happened to be hanging around a small cafe as my friend worked there. C came in loudly talking into the camera about how weird this town was and then talked crap about the coffee served at this cafe ("its nothing like starbucks ugh"). A few minutes later a younger girl walks in (12-13 yrs old) and fangirls over C and all of a sudden C's bitch switch flipped off and C began to act like the nicest person ever.

Fast forward maybe 15 minutes later I go up to her and have a casual conversation to see what the dealio was. C acted like a complete bitch towards me and later vlogged about how "annoying and creepy" I acted (keep in mind we were all sitting at a diner style set up with one long table with several chairs and its perfectly natural to engage in small talk with those around you)
I've seen other reports of similar experiences others have had w C so yeah
I guess its most annoying how Youtubers like C act all loving and caring on camera and in real life theyre not
fight me fangirls

Stompgal_87
Learner
Learner

Post by Stompgal_87 »

mustachiolady_ wrote: I've seen other reports of similar experiences others have had w C so yeah
I guess its most annoying how Youtubers like C act all loving and caring on camera and in real life theyre not
It's clever that you referred to the YouTuber as YouTuber C considering I referred to the two who upset me as A and B. For me three YouTubers I met were just as nice in real life as they were on camera.

rosemariesue21
Informer
Informer

Post by rosemariesue21 »

Stompgal_87 wrote:Since I did not want to discuss this in the Trash A Guru forum because I am not one for slating people by name, I have decided to create a topic asking if any YouTubers have ever upset you directly. I have two that I would like to mention without giving their real names.

YouTuber A is one who I had been watching for three months up to the point of her upsetting me. While she was away on holiday I was going through a hard time and I got distracted so I decided to search for a formula that allowed me to find old Tweets. I found the formula and used it to find a Tweet that triggered my curiosity. My curiosity then got the better of me and I retweeted it. A few days later YouTuber A blocked me and I was very upset and confused by this but two people in her network contacted me saying it was because I retweeted the Tweet and I had unintentionally upset her by doing so. Other people in her network blocked me too. These days I still watch YouTuber A from time to time but don't comment on her videos anymore.

Shortly after YouTuber A blocked me, I mentioned this in the comments of a video by YouTuber B. A few months after this someone mentioned both YouTubers A and B in the same Tweet and I replied saying YouTuber A blocked me. Someone else posted a Tweet mentioning both those YouTubers and I also replied to that one saying YouTuber A blocked me. Later on that day I received a notification saying YouTuber B sent me a direct message. At first I got excited and went to my Twitter DM inbox but when I read the message my excitement very quickly turned to despair. While YouTuber B acknowledged my upset of YouTuber A blocking me, she requested that I no longer mention it since in her book it became repetive and made her feel uncomfortable. By the time I finished reading the message I began crying and replied apologising to YouTuber B for causing her discomfort. I received no further response from her which made me think she didn't accept my apology. Because I was still distraught by YouTuber B's message, I didn't comment on her new video that went up that evening. I also had no idea why mentioning YouTuber A blocking me became repetitive but I put it down to having mentioned it in the comments of some videos as well. The day after YouTuber B messaged me I didn't reply to any of her Tweets - I just gave them likes. The following day she Tweeted announcing she had reached a particular milestone or been shortlisted for an award. I replied congratulating her and she either liked my reply or responded saying thank you. I was thrilled to have had good communication with her again so I deleted her DM because I didn't want to dwell in it and continued to support her ever since.
i understand you may not want to disclose the names of theese youtubers however i have my suscpsions that one of the a or b is who upset a good friend of mine too, i think i rerember seeing tweets about been blocked by certain person, does A and B correlate to the first initial of their names or is it just used purely for ease ?

Stompgal_87
Learner
Learner

Post by Stompgal_87 »

The A and B are just purely for ease.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”