• Advertisement

CaseyLavere/HeyKayli - Part 3

Re: CaseyLavere/HeyKayli - Part 3

Postby mckaylak » Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 pm

I always thought Kayli and Casey were the best parents out of the butlers but their 3 year old just got a root canal?! Like come on. Makes me rethink their parenting styles/skills.
mckaylak
Learner
Learner

Advertisement

Postby sparkles » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Wow. I can't believe they got him a donut right after also?! Did they not learn from that? They are gna keep letting him eat all that crap too. I can't believe how this whole family just eats junk n junk n junk. Everyone in the comments is defending them saying they are good parents n their kids are kind... ok so? Great they are kind! We know they aint bad parents but they are being bad by letting that happen n continuing to let him eat junk, They also bought Brailee a chocolate bar in the same vlog. It is their fault. Hes barely 3.
sparkles
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby beautifulmuskox » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Teeth, cavities and all that are largely genetic...but the Butler don't do their children any favors but giving them so much sugar with candy and drinks. It is ridiculous for a three year old to have a root canal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beautifulmuskox
Talker
Talker

Postby starlight7 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 am

So I have a question after seeing Avia's and Brailee's cheer performance. How do Mormons, who value modesty so much justify these girls performing in these barely there skirts? It's beyond my understanding.
starlight7
Informer
Informer

Postby beachy girl9 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 am

starlight7 wrote:So I have a question after seeing Avia's and Brailee's cheer performance. How do Mormons, who value modesty so much justify these girls performing in these barely there skirts? It's beyond my understanding.

I often wondered that myself. They slut-shamed Morgan (Logan's girlfriend) for wearing shorts, but the girls' cheer uniforms aren't too much different. :rofl:
beachy girl9
Learner
Learner

Postby Summersby » Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 am

Between the cheer outfits and the girls spreading their legs wiiide open, I'm shocked they allow their kids in cheer tbh :?
Summersby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 am

beachy girl9 wrote:
starlight7 wrote:So I have a question after seeing Avia's and Brailee's cheer performance. How do Mormons, who value modesty so much justify these girls performing in these barely there skirts? It's beyond my understanding.

I often wondered that myself. They slut-shamed Morgan (Logan's girlfriend) for wearing shorts, but the girls' cheer uniforms aren't too much different. :rofl:

They not only allow it, they _encourage_ it! Makes no sense to me! Definitely can't wear garments under those cheer outfits.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby starlight7 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

I know there's a policy that garments can be taken off while exercising and swimming so the standards don't really apply to that.

But those skirts are really SHORT. I literally felt uncomfortable watching and I have nothing to do with modesty. If they were grown women I wouldn't care but those are practically still kids. Way to sexualize pre-teen girls. :?
starlight7
Informer
Informer

Postby ajlinda » Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 pm

I wonder if the dentist didn't need to do a root canal and just wanted the money. No one would even know if he didn't get one. They should have gotten a second opinion.
ajlinda
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:35 pm

starlight7 wrote:I know there's a policy that garments can be taken off while exercising and swimming so the standards don't really apply to that.

But those skirts are really SHORT. I literally felt uncomfortable watching and I have nothing to do with modesty. If they were grown women I wouldn't care but those are practically still kids. Way to sexualize pre-teen girls. :?

Kids don't wear garments. The get them after their endowment ceremony - for guys that's before they go on their mission (about 18) and women it's typically just before marriage. Remember when Carlie went to the temple with her parents before she married Jackson?? That's when she FIRST got hers - and she was 28-ish.

I do think cheer is pretty ridiculous, but it's REALLY popular where they live. I think they want their girls to be "popular" and attractive to get good husbands. :roll: :roll:
ewokfan11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby 2candy2 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:40 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
starlight7 wrote:I know there's a policy that garments can be taken off while exercising and swimming so the standards don't really apply to that.

Kids don't wear garments. The get them after their endowment ceremony - for guys that's before they go on their mission (about 18) and women it's typically just before marriage. Remember when Carlie went to the temple with her parents before she married Jackson?? That's when she FIRST got hers - and she was 28-ish.

I do think cheer is pretty ridiculous, but it's REALLY popular where they live. I think they want their girls to be "popular" and attractive to get good husbands. :roll: :roll:

I watched an endowment ceremony that someone secretly filmed and posted to youtube and it was EERIE and weird as fuck.
2candy2
Informer
Informer

Postby starlight7 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh I know kids don't wear garments, I was answering to the the poster above me but I wasn't being clear I guess. I was talking more hypothetically, adults wouldn't wear them during sports performances. Mormons tend to teach their kids from a young age how to dress appropriate for when they start wearing garments, so that wouldn't apply to cheer anyway.
starlight7
Informer
Informer

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:19 pm

2candy2 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

I watched an endowment ceremony that someone secretly filmed and posted to youtube and it was EERIE and weird as fuck.

Supposedly the "sealing" ceremony is equally weird and creepy. There are some interesting "hidden camera" videos on YT, but they seem so cult-like that I wonder if the are real.
ewokfan11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:

Oh, I know kids don't wear garments. Just sayin'.

lmmomSD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby boop » Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

2candy2 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

Now I feel like I have to watch that haha.
boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby ja14 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm

ajlinda wrote:I wonder if the dentist didn't need to do a root canal and just wanted the money. No one would even know if he didn't get one. They should have gotten a second opinion.

I highly doubt this. I worked at a pediatric dentist office. Insurance wants solid proof, especially on hospital cases. You have to send in x-rays and often intraoral photos during treatment.
If you didn't have that, insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ja14
Learner
Learner

Postby Presence » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

I think cheer fits into many of the Mormon norms and their agenda. While the girls might not be dressed modestly, cheerleading is an innocent way to start sexualizing girls, begin to awaken sexual desire in boys, and start priming them all for the marriage and babies that will soon come.

Also, considering Mormons love women being traditional roles, it's like cheerleading is a throwback to the 50's. It's not like cheerleading is thought of as being a serious sport, or even a sport that, if done well, could lead to college scholarships when the girls are older. Instead, it's all about being cute, thin, and popular.

At the least Butler girls are kind and humble enough to not turn into the kind of stereotypical, bitchy cheerleader we've all seen in movies and TV.
Presence
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Postby sparkles » Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 pm

ja14 wrote:
ajlinda wrote:I wonder if the dentist didn't need to do a root canal and just wanted the money. No one would even know if he didn't get one. They should have gotten a second opinion.

I highly doubt this. I worked at a pediatric dentist office. Insurance wants solid proof, especially on hospital cases. You have to send in x-rays and often intraoral photos during treatment.
If you didn't have that, insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Plus Casey had said that the cavity had gotten so bad there was nothing else they could do.

I can't imagine how they let it get so bad? Were they not looking at his teeth? Poor guy it probably hurt n they hurt even worse when you eat something sweet n thats all they give em.
sparkles
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 pm

What dentist would want to do a root canal on a three year old if not absolutely necessary?

lmmomSD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:15 am

Presence wrote:Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

I think cheer fits into many of the Mormon norms and their agenda. While the girls might not be dressed modestly, cheerleading is an innocent way to start sexualizing girls, begin to awaken sexual desire in boys, and start priming them all for the marriage and babies that will soon come.

Also, considering Mormons love women being traditional roles, it's like cheerleading is a throwback to the 50's. It's not like cheerleading is thought of as being a serious sport, or even a sport that, if done well, could lead to college scholarships when the girls are older. Instead, it's all about being cute, thin, and popular.

At the least Butler girls are kind and humble enough to not turn into the kind of stereotypical, bitchy cheerleader we've all seen in movies and TV.

I agree with most of this...but then there is Carlie. Worst role model ever. She was all about cheer and pageants and the younger girls look up to her. Carlie should be thanking her lucky stars her brother got YT famous. She'd be in a trailer and living off food stamps if it wasn't for Shay.
ewokfan11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Presence » Sat May 20, 2017 2:49 am

ewokfan11 wrote:I agree with most of this...but then there is Carlie. Worst role model ever. She was all about cheer and pageants and the younger girls look up to her. Carlie should be thanking her lucky stars her brother got YT famous. She'd be in a trailer and living off food stamps if it wasn't for Shay.

But do the younger girls still look up to her? They did when they were little--back before Carlie became obsessed with finding a husband.

I would guess, when they were little girls (and Carlie was also younger), they admired her beauty, her quirkiness, and her teenage accomplishments. I doubt the girls were judging her for her relationship choices.
Presence
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat May 20, 2017 9:13 am

Presence wrote:Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

Actually, some colleges do offer scholarships for cheerleading. But I agree with a lot of what you said.
Avia at least was still looking up to Carlie when she was dating Jackson. She had to do a project for school about someone she admired or a role model or something like that, and she chose Carlie. I think Colette was kinda hurt.

lmmomSD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Presence » Sat May 20, 2017 12:32 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Actually, some colleges do offer scholarships for cheerleading. But I agree with a lot of what you said.
Avia at least was still looking up to Carlie when she was dating Jackson. She had to do a project for school about someone she admired or a role model or something like that, and she chose Carlie. I think Colette was kinda hurt.

Yeah, I know colleges give scholarships for cheerleading. There's also some schools that give full scholarships for cheer as well. And that's my point; these people don't seem to understand cheer could be something so much more beneficial than just a girl's introduction into becoming a desirable woman.

But, alas, the words "college" and "scholarship" are way too foreign for the Butlers.

I forgot about that school project. I hope Avia has come to her senses since then.
Presence
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Postby _flowerpower_ » Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Yeah the sealing ceremony is weird, they never mention the word "love". Also in the endowment ceremony they are given a secret name, the wife has to tell hers to her husband but she can't know his.

BTW, the "secret" name isn't so secret. They are given according to the day of the month they had their endowment ceremony. We know the day Carlie had hers, you can google it and know her secret name. :tu:
_flowerpower_
Talker
Talker

Postby ja14 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm

_flowerpower_ wrote:Yeah the sealing ceremony is weird, they never mention the word "love". Also in the endowment ceremony they are given a secret name, the wife has to tell hers to her husband but she can't know his.

BTW, the "secret" name isn't so secret. They are given according to the day of the month they had their endowment ceremony. We know the day Carlie had hers, you can google it and know her secret name. :tu:

What exactly is the point of the name thing?

ja14
Learner
Learner

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Butlers / The Shaytards
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge