Re: Emilynoel83shadestoodarkPart 9

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

SHE DECLUTTERED! :shock: :lol:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I saw the primer declutter. At least she is doing something. I am waiting for eyeshadow palettes.

Do the decluttered things make it to the trash?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tar wrote:I saw the primer declutter. At least she is doing something. I am waiting for eyeshadow palettes.

Do the decluttered things make it to the trash?
Not sure

blondie19
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by blondie19 »

Bub has ZERO PERSONALITY

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OK, she is seriously sweating Tati's channel. You can tell how she has been editing lately (faster cuts: for example of the one when she was drinking coffee in the middle of her declutter) or adding Bub to her channel to test something out a la "WTF or OMG Tati style" she's tryng so hard to hit that 1 million.. but I'm sorry Emily you aren't young, fit or pretty. Actually she's about 2-3 years younger than Tati but looks vastly older... :? :oops:

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:OK, she is seriously sweating Tati's channel. You can tell how she has been editing lately (faster cuts: for example of the one when she was drinking coffee in the middle of her declutter) or adding Bub to her channel to test something out a la "WTF or OMG Tati style" she's tryng so hard to hit that 1 million.. but I'm sorry Emily you aren't young, fit or pretty. Actually she's about 2-3 years younger than Tati but looks vastly older... :? :oops:
Really? I think Emily (with makeup) now looks younger than news anchor Emily. Without makeup, her skin looks bad, but I think she looks relatively young. I don't really get people who say bad skin looks aging without considering what is wrong specifically. Tati on the other hand naturally has a bone structure that makes her look older. Her heavy-handedness accentuates all the wrong things.
It's funny you say that she's copying Tati cuz the past few weeks, Tati's been putting up videos that are very similar to Emily's. Since they're only a day or two behind, it seems to be coincidental, but still funny.

I'm really glad she's finally filming her decluttering. She keeps saying she does it all the time, but it's really hard to believe. Especially since she said she decluttered the primers recently......and yet she still had 30? Including some that were too old. As soon as I saw the Mally, I knew it had to be old because she hasn't talked about Mally in forever. She actually put it in the keep pile :? :?. If she hadn't been filming, would she have gone back and realized it was old enough to toss? That little mistake makes it so obvious she doesn't do a very good job. That's why she needs to film it so she can be accountable.

SnowyWinter
Learner
Learner

Post by SnowyWinter »

I'm rather new to this YT beauty/makeup guru routine. I somehow found Emily and I first thought: okay, here's someone in their late 30s early 40s who looks pretty good.
Then I finally saw her without makeup and I was like...what the heck??? She's way younger than that under that makeup!!

I don't get it at all. Her natural face looks like a person (I think she has freckles); her made-up face is a mask of nothingness, no personality.

She seems to have no idea of design or proportion: if you want to make one thing stand out, you lessen the importance of others. That's why headlines are in big fonts and the story in a smaller font. But with Emily, everything is overblown: the eyebrows (yikes), the eyes, the lips, the too heavy foundation. There's nothing to focus on.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

You are right SnowyWinter. Emily looks so much younger without all of her pagent makeup she applies every
day. I like when she has on very natural makeup. On SC sometimes you see her that way or when she was at
the beach with no makeup she looked so much better. As you said, when she puts on her makeup for YT, it is
so heavy with everything accented and huge fake eyelashes to complete the look. Ridiculous.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

I like Emily simply because i hate majority of the gurus out there. I find her boring but i don't roll my eyes everytime she speaks because it is not all 1st world problem total bs. She seems a normal educated woman who is raising her kids. Even though i don't care about them kids, again, striking difference with other gurus make me like her

The reason i came here is to spit poison towards her husband. In the Charlotte Tilbury video where she tried that unisex face product....he is sending me that "i am a straight male!!! I don't use makeup!!!" Vibe. I hate this attitude. He couldn't relax for a second and just play along! He was mocking everything "yeah...no spf!" I wanted a review of that particular product because i was thinking to buy it (anyone?) and i was triggered! I don't like Tati and James, but i must give credit to James: he respects the fact his wife deals with makeup for a living, he knows a lot about it and doesn't do this "eeeew! Men know nothing about makeup! Let me punch neighbor's dog to feel manly again!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

cheezecake wrote: The reason i came here is to spit poison towards her husband. In the Charlotte Tilbury video where she tried that unisex face product....he is sending me that "i am a straight male!!! I don't use makeup!!!" Vibe. I hate this attitude. He couldn't relax for a second and just play along! He was mocking everything "yeah...no spf!" I wanted a review of that particular product because i was thinking to buy it (anyone?) and i was triggered! I don't like Tati and James, but i must give credit to James: he respects the fact his wife deals with makeup for a living, he knows a lot about it and doesn't do this "eeeew! Men know nothing about makeup! Let me punch neighbor's dog to feel manly again!"
I skipped thru that video, but yeah, I never understood why GGers bashed James for going along with applying makeup and skincare. Especially the skincare. He can't be straight and like it at the same time? Even Tyler uses face wash and has tried masks before.

Ugh so Emily got a new camera and is trying to get warmer lights. Great, I hate the gray dimness of her videos. But why the heck is she STILL showing swatches in the dark? It's hard to believe she used to actually show her makeup and swatches in good lighting a long long time ago. Why would you change your mind about that??? It really struck me in the Nordstrom video, her lipgloss swatches showed a band of sunlight on her arm...while the swatches were in shadow :(

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I am trying with Emily but I hope she does an equal mix of high end and drug store. Emily was my first favorite.
Honestly, I have unsubscribed to so many people, including Emily, but I still look on SC every day to see if she
has a video. She doesn't act stupid like Jaclyn Hill and Laura Lee and so on. I know Emily gets PR. Please just
show it. First impressions and then what you think after wearing for a month. Emily does good reviews. The
problem is by the time she shows the product, it's old news.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I didn't watch the video with Tyler. I knew what we would get. :fit:

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

She's laying it on a little thick with her "creative, unique" videos. You're not supposed to say that as the creator. You say I try to do my best thinking up new ideas, and then let the videos speak for themselves. Otherwise, you end up embarrassing yourself... especially when you admit two videos in after your little spiel that someone else came up with the idea for the second video. And I'm one of the boring subscribers who never cared about her being creative. It's still embarrassing to see her try to sell her channel that way and know that the videos are no different than what she's done before.

I was scrolling through her channel trying to find a video and once again, I realized she never ever finishes any series she starts except maybe the one brand ones. If a series eventually fades as time goes on, that's normal. But she always does 2 maybe 3, sometimes just 1!! and then drops it. I liked her color series... whatever it was called where she showed different products for eyes/face/lips in a given color.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

is anyone else annoyed by how she constantly needs to bring up her children? like we get it..you're a mother. so are millions of other women..

also does she have a job outside of youtube?

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by someoneyeah »

larrie wrote:is anyone else annoyed by how she constantly needs to bring up her children? like we get it..you're a mother. so are millions of other women..

also does she have a job outside of youtube?
She used to be a Newcaster and a YouTuber but quit a couple years ago.

I do appreciate how Emily is still dedicated to her beauty channels whereas a lot of Beauty guru mothers have seemed to abandon their beauty channels in favor of vlogs

Whisperofguilt
Talker
Talker

Post by Whisperofguilt »

I don't understand how she's been doing makeup for years and it still looks horrendous, bronzer looks dirty, eyeshadow always colors that don't go together,blush too heavy, lashes always look horrendous, and the white eyeliner in the waterline doesn't trick anyone into thinking you have larger, whiter eyes, it just looks odd. I really wish she would watch monika blunder or Lisa Eldridge or Mary greenwell and improve her application.

In one of those vids it was hilarious that she hikes her brows up creating wrinkles on her forehead and then expecting that milk stick to get ride of those wrinkles. How about relax your forehead, duh. She looked really dumb when she did that.

If she would tone it down, she could look a lot younger and fresher, but she always has to cake her face and make herself look old and haggard. It looks bad now but imagine what it look like as she reaches her late thirties and forties.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

Whisperofguilt wrote:I don't understand how she's been doing makeup for years and it still looks horrendous, bronzer looks dirty, eyeshadow always colors that don't go together,blush too heavy, lashes always look horrendous, and the white eyeliner in the waterline doesn't trick anyone into thinking you have larger, whiter eyes, it just looks odd. I really wish she would watch monika blunder or Lisa Eldridge or Mary greenwell and improve her application.

In one of those vids it was hilarious that she hikes her brows up creating wrinkles on her forehead and then expecting that milk stick to get ride of those wrinkles. How about relax your forehead, duh. She looked really dumb when she did that.

If she would tone it down, she could look a lot younger and fresher, but she always has to cake her face and make herself look old and haggard. It looks bad now but imagine what it look like as she reaches her late thirties and forties.
is she not already late thirties/forties? :o

i thought she was like 38-40 ...how old is she? :?

estrellas78
Learner
Learner

Post by estrellas78 »

she´s 33-34. I´m 39 and my skin looks better than her. But it is bc she dresses up and put make up in a matronly way.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

estrellas78 wrote:she´s 33-34. I´m 39 and my skin looks better than her. But it is bc she dresses up and put make up in a matronly way.
Her body shape, mannerisms and skin age her. She's almost 2 years younger than I am but yet nobody believes I'm almost 35. For an entire year that I worked at ULTA the other girls thought I was 23.. :oops: :lol: :shock:

Jekyll2UrHyde
Learner
Learner

Post by Jekyll2UrHyde »

New to the forum and this thread! I was told to check out Emilynoel83 because she has honest reviews but I watched her 5 Must Try New Drugstore Makeup video from the 29th and I am so surprised that she is still an advocate of white liner on the waterline in the year 2017????? What???? And her set up...she's so close to 1M and yet I can think of other YTers with less subs who have better quality videos.

Does anyone have any recommendations of her videos that may be worth my time?
Take what I say with a grain of salt <3

Return to “Emilynoel83”