• Advertisement

Starting a channel buuuut....

Starting a channel buuuut....

Postby gwenn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:11 am

My boyfriend and I are planning on starting a blog+ youtube channel, i've been doing a ton of research and wanted to ask a community of people what kind of videos they would want to subscribe to! So, what interests everyone here the most?
thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gwenn
Stalker
Stalker

Advertisement

Re: Starting a channel buuuut....

Postby chunkemonke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:56 am

That's lame. It's like wanting to open up a store in a neighborhood but waiting for someone to feed you the ideas of what will work best.

It's not our job to provide content for social media presences, bloggers, youtubers.

Be a blogger because you want to blog about that certain passion of yours, make videos because you have an itch to edit or make movies or share your view on that/your passion/idea.

That's how you're gonna get sustained success. You can go make a channel about popular trends right now, but if you're not doing what you love....we'll see through you. What's the point?

TLDR if you two really have an urge to create content on social media platforms ....DO IT. Don't ask for permission, acceptance, but also ideas. The ideas should be coming from you. Go and inspire others not the other way around.

Good luck!!
chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Postby chunkemonke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:59 am

chunkemonke wrote:That's lame. It's like wanting to open up a store in a neighborhood but waiting for someone to feed you the ideas of what will work best.

It's not our job to provide content for social media presences, bloggers, youtubers.

Be a blogger because you want to blog about that certain passion of yours, make videos because you have an itch to edit or make movies or share your view on that/your passion/idea.

That's how you're gonna get sustained success. You can go make a channel about popular trends right now, but if you're not doing what you love....we'll see through you. What's the point?

Make videos about what interests YOU the most. Create content to please yourself first and I guarantee your audience will form and people in the same niche will come together to enjoy your interests which they also share.

Good luck !

TLDR if you two really have an urge to create content on social media platforms ....DO IT. Don't ask for permission, acceptance, but also ideas. The ideas should be coming from you. Go and inspire others not the other way around.

Good luck!!
chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Postby cherryGummybear » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Good luck! I think you need to follow the formula of have good quality videos, being personable, and being consistent. I fell in love with a Korean beauty blogger, she has a small channel but ultimately chose not to pursue YT because she had a full time job. Consistency is key and also not having a ton of sponsored videos.
Hei guise, welcome back to my channel!!!!!1!!
cherryGummybear
Informer
Informer

• Advertisement

Return to GG Advice Column
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge