• Advertisement

clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Re: clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Postby vanillafilter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:53 pm

emmagossiper wrote:
mex3 wrote:Isn't he much older than her? I feel like with age comes more experience and more wisdom (one can only hope) and he should try to instill those in her. I find it odd that she started having all of these issues and her YouTube account got boring after moving to LA and moving in with Ben.

Yes I totally agree. Their relationship is not balansed\equal. And it’s a warning sign that she feels more insecure and gain weight while dating Ben. Usually partners should bring the best of each other, like Sophia’s anger issues are gone and she seems happier with her partner. But it’s totally opposite with Jenn.
He is 31 and she’s 27

This is so true. Ever since she met Ben, her life has gone downhill.

And I don't really like when people tell other people to smile, but the least she could do is CLOSE HER MOUTH sometimes. The gaping mouth is not attractive. I feel like she opens her mouth to disguise the wrinkles that are beginning to form near her mouth (marionette lines- you can see it in the pictures other people take). Nothing wrong with aging naturally and owning your own body and features, but actively trying to cover up your true self by using photoshop, lenses and deceptive angles... like, you mad that someone called you out on your shit? It's all true lol
vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby 123xyz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

vanillafilter wrote:
emmagossiper wrote:
mex3 wrote:Isn't he much older than her? I feel like with age comes more experience and more wisdom (one can only hope) and he should try to instill those in her. I find it odd that she started having all of these issues and her YouTube account got boring after moving to LA and moving in with Ben.

Yes I totally agree. Their relationship is not balansed\equal. And it’s a warning sign that she feels more insecure and gain weight while dating Ben. Usually partners should bring the best of each other, like Sophia’s anger issues are gone and she seems happier with her partner. But it’s totally opposite with Jenn.
He is 31 and she’s 27

This is so true. Ever since she met Ben, her life has gone downhill.

And I don't really like when people tell other people to smile, but the least she could do is CLOSE HER MOUTH sometimes. The gaping mouth is not attractive. I feel like she opens her mouth to disguise the wrinkles that are beginning to form near her mouth (marionette lines- you can see it in the pictures other people take). Nothing wrong with aging naturally and owning your own body and features, but actively trying to cover up your true self by using photoshop, lenses and deceptive angles... like, you mad that someone called you out on your shit? It's all true lol

I think opening her mouth emphasizes her marionette lines. When you're smiling of course you're smile lines are going to crease. It's natural and everyone expects it. But when your mouth is still and you have noticeable wrinkles, that ages you. Not smiling shows off her natural smoker wrinkles.
123xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby iced_chocolate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

^ In regards to that, is she still smoking?

I mean her voice is still a little husky but yeah

I feel as though her videos in 2018 will be EXACTLY the same as 2017. Monthly vlogs & favourites, sponsored skincare videos (hi simple :D ), 1 or 2 makeup tutorials and a few random fashion hauls and styling ones.

OHHH AND EGGGIEEEE DROPSSS YAAAAAS GIMME THAT CHEAP QUALITY CHINESE MANUFACTURED CLOTHING <3
iced_chocolate
Learner
Learner

Postby rikkukileo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

iced_chocolate wrote:^ In regards to that, is she still smoking?

I mean her voice is still a little husky but yeah

I feel as though her videos in 2018 will be EXACTLY the same as 2017. Monthly vlogs & favourites, sponsored skincare videos (hi simple :D ), 1 or 2 makeup tutorials and a few random fashion hauls and styling ones.

OHHH AND EGGGIEEEE DROPSSS YAAAAAS GIMME THAT CHEAP QUALITY CHINESE MANUFACTURED CLOTHING <3

She also said she'll be visiting the manufacturer in China and vlogging it, so we'll see.
rikkukileo
Learner
Learner

Postby spankcat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 pm

It's interesting the comment stated she looks short and fat in that photo. Personally, I don't think she looks that way. But as someone said, since Jenn manipulates her angles often and probably uses apps to stretch the length of her legs in other photos (her friend Emily definitely does), it looks drastically different when she does less of that manipulation.

And yeah, for someone who is so proud of her 'eloquence', it's embarrassing she can't use delusional correctly.

Thanks to the person who mentioned her likes on Revolve vs. the other girls'. I didn't notice that. It's not good to compare yourself, but wow, it's just another example of how out of place she is there.
Last edited by spankcat on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spankcat
Learner
Learner

Postby spankcat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Aww, she looks like Aimee's little sister that hopelessly wants to fit in :c

spankcat
Learner
Learner

Postby rustandust » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Lafez wrote:Jen making this “positive body statements” is so disingenuous since she uses these camera and photoshop tricks to make her appear taller and her face thinner. It’s so massively edited that when you watch or see her from other people’s accounts you won’t be able to recognize

Yes exactly and she tip toes so hard to look taller. She doesn't look comfortable at all and reeks of insecurity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rustandust
Informer
Informer

Postby Lamonde_ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm

I think she doesn’t smile cuz it emphasizes how round/wide her face is when it’s stretched out.

It’s her fault for not properly editing her picture to make her look tall and slim xD

I honestly feel like her “how to lose weight” before and after picture are taken the same time but with different cameras.
Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby bluebirdpie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:27 pm

This whole revolve trip brought up a lot of her insecurities. If you compare Ben's Instagram you can clearly see how happy and relaxed he is but all of Jenn's poses look awkward sexy or forced smile.

Commenting to the post about Jenn's life going downhill since meeting Ben, well, I think she had a lot of YouTube successes but her insecurities seems like it's getting out of hand. I think Ben is a nice guy but you never know what he's like behind the lens. I think he would make a lot of small complaints between British and American differences.
bluebirdpie
Talker
Talker

Postby Snowflake72 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am

If you go to Sophia’s most recent vlog, in the scene where they’re all sitting around playing games - Jen’s facial shape is clearly VERY different from the way she looks in her (photoshopped/wide angle lens) pictures.

http://i65.tinypic.com/ipnmva.jpg
Snowflake72
Learner
Learner

Postby spankcat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am

We say she is too insecure to post photos with other Revolve girls... so she posts a photo with another Revolve girl. Hi Jenn!

Admittedly, the other girl in the photo does not look as good as she usually does on her Instagram (but still gorgeous!). I believe Jenn only posts photos with other girls when she thinks she looks better than them in the shot.
spankcat
Learner
Learner

Postby bluebirdpie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 am

Lol. Jenn: *Reads gurugossiper about her not smiling, looks awkward, doesn't pose with other Revolve girls** ~~ I'll show those bitches! ~~ **Post a photo of her smiling, looking relaxed with a Revolve girl**
bluebirdpie
Talker
Talker

Postby emmagossiper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:19 am

She should rebrand her channel. Fashion and beauty are not her best side. Before she was relatable because there weren’t many Asian youtubers, but now there are a lot of them and better than Jenn.
emmagossiper
Talker
Talker

Postby Lamonde_ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 am

That’s a pretty awful smiling pic. The angle is once again off. What is Ben doing? Isn’t he there to make sure she gets good shots?? You have ONE JOB
Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby nubilelokoian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 am

i think she looks good in that pic, but ben is not a trained photographer and it shows. you can give someone a fancy camera and lens, but you can't give them an eye for composition and detail. the obnoxious slight diagonal tilt, edge of the couch and dark spot infiltrating the bottom right corner, and the pole sticking right out of negin's shoulder are driving me crazy!!

ALSO, weren't there professional photographers hired by revolve on that trip? why hasn't she posted any photos posted by them? oh wait, we all know why..
nubilelokoian
Learner
Learner

Postby rikkukileo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 am

Did the other revolve girls bring their boyfriend's too? Everytime Jenn gets a sponsored trip, Ben tags along. Why does he always need to be with her 24/7? Because he's a photographer? Does she ask companies to sponsor Ben too? Jenn should just give up on fashion and makeup and do a "BenandJenn" channel.
rikkukileo
Learner
Learner

Postby mex3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Yeah idk how good of a musician he was, but as their relationship progresses, I don't think he should've quit his day job- for his and her sake.
Jen+Benn+Chippo will probably be their inevitable next step, especially seeing how Ben started a YouTube channel of his own- I couldn't get through more than 30 seconds of "Dr. Phil" sit down video about self-confidence. What's up with Ben and Jenn trying to shove self-confidence and mental health down my throat? Take some of your own advice please!
mex3
Lurker
Lurker

Postby juicysweatsuits » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm

rikkukileo wrote:Did the other revolve girls bring their boyfriend's too? Everytime Jenn gets a sponsored trip, Ben tags along. Why does he always need to be with her 24/7? Because he's a photographer? Does she ask companies to sponsor Ben too? Jenn should just give up on fashion and makeup and do a "BenandJenn" channel.

Lol no. I would not watch that bc we already know what they are up to everyday: Ben makes all of Jenn’s meals and follows her around to take pictures of her while laying in the floor of dtla. She eats hot Cheetos with chopsticks (wOw you’re SOOOoooo fucking special Jenn I didn’t think of that before!!1!1!!11!!!), Ben does all her dirty work such as walking their dog. Snore. But I don’t even take style advise from her anymore bc all she does are sponsored vids and talks about her cheaply-made & overpriced eggie shit.

juicysweatsuits
Learner
Learner

Postby 123xyz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:25 pm

I wonder if Ben misses his old career.

I know he loves Jenn, but the thought of working hard to make it as a successful musician, finally getting a semi big break for your indie band, but then leaving that and your home country sounds kinda depressing. Taking photos of your soon to be wife can't compare to the rush of being on stage in front of a screaming crowd.
123xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby mex3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm

So basically it’s two unhappy people living unfulfilled lives together in LA and broadcasting it to the entire world for clicks and ad$? That sounds...so depressing
mex3
Lurker
Lurker

Postby bluebirdpie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Ben definitely misses his old life, if you see his Social media there's still photos of him in the band as his main cover photo. But there are many perks to his new life, free travel, fiancée with insecurities, fake friends, the house, designer dog and he gets to take photos with expensive cameras. No idea why he didn't make YouTube tutorials on drumming, teaching drum lessons, make a new band in LA. Surely that makes more sense than being Jenn's photographer. He doesn't strike me as someone who is really artistic.
bluebirdpie
Talker
Talker

Postby aulait » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm only catching up on the thread but what is with the posts being made on here about talking about her supposed shaved vagina, her sex tape (which is absolutely disgusting of her ex to release) and talking shit about her body and how she looks like a flat chested child???

like i know this is trash a guru but damn? maybe i just go to mild threads but i was under the impression these are more so to critique unethical and/or shitty behaviour and dumb things like 100 identical selfies w an open mouth lmao...

anyway whatever... hope she's looking after her hair well as it looks like it's lightened up a lot on her trip unless it's just the sunlight making it appear so bright

aulait
Informer
Informer

Postby kisskiss » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 pm

I really don't understand why Revolve uses her. It's nothing against her-- she's a very pretty, petite and cute girl-- but she simply doesn't fit in with the other women at all who are sexy, toned bombshells. I imagine she realizes this and felt very insecure during the entirety of the trip. In the insta story videos she was the only girl who consistently wore high-waisted bikinis, one-pieces or covered up with a shawl.

That being said, I think it's also unfair to see some recent posts here bitching about one thing with Jenn and then when it's quite evident she reads what's been said here, addresses it or tries to change it, some of you chastise her for it. Why?? I've lurked Jenn's threads here quite a bit over the years and thought the majority of us were fans of old Jenn from Davis who wish she'd go back to her thrifty creative days instead of this vapid fast-fashion LA phase she's drifted into. Do we critique her because we want to see her improve, or are we here just to be cunts who couldn't care if she tries to do anything to salvage herself and will find anything to rip her apart for anyway? I know this is guru gossip but fuck that's irritating lol.

Also, lol, I think after like 10+ years in Young Guns that Ben probably figured out they were going to remain a one hit wonder. I don't think it was a horrible decision for him to bounce and pursue something else that made him happy if he realized the band was a dead end. Maybe he was tired of being a C-list band fuckboy being doted on by shallow groupies and found in Jenn the inspiration to pursue settling down, having stability and a family. I really don't buy the speculation here that Ben just suddenly left the band because of omg free Revolve trips and asian pussy. I'm sure Ben has had his dick wet and trips around the world long before Jenn. Don't be retarded.

Lastly, why are we talking about whether or not she shaves her vagina? What does that have to do with the content of her videos? For fucks sake.

idk, I'm not a Jenn/Ben stan by any means but these are just a couple of things I wanted to gripe about that I've noticed after a long while lurking her threads here.
kisskiss
Learner
Learner

Postby nubilelokoian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 am

aulait wrote:I'm only catching up on the thread but what is with the posts being made on here about talking about her supposed shaved vagina, her sex tape (which is absolutely disgusting of her ex to release) and talking shit about her body and how she looks like a flat chested child???

i agree that people shouldn't be discussing her sex life and vagina on here. re: alleged body shaming comments, i read the majority of them more as criticism of her swimwear choice more than critiquing her for having a small chest. she has a pretty lengthy track record of not wearing super flattering clothes despite being a supposed fashion and beauty youtuber.

kisskiss wrote:That being said, I think it's also unfair to see some recent posts here bitching about one thing with Jenn and then when it's quite evident she reads what's been said here, addresses it or tries to change it, some of you chastise her for it. Why?? I've lurked Jenn's threads here quite a bit over the years and thought the majority of us were fans of old Jenn from Davis who wish she'd go back to her thrifty creative days instead of this vapid fast-fashion LA phase she's drifted into. Do we critique her because we want to see her improve, or are we here just to be cunts who couldn't care if she tries to do anything to salvage herself and will find anything to rip her apart for anyway? I know this is guru gossip but fuck that's irritating lol.

for me at least, it's both amusing and irksome to see jenn bristle and respond directly-indirectly to the things posted in this thread. it's reactionary; there's no incentive for her to actually improve so any acknowledgement from jenn is just her trying to spite the thread and/or trigger an outpouring of positive support from her teenage stans to boost her wounded ego. not to mention she's picked up a habit of preaching to her viewers about the virtues of meditation and self help books, but the way she reacts to criticism undermines all of what she's apparently learned.
i know i'd be much more impressed with jenn if she showed legitimate efforts to improve based off of the criticism in this thread, e.g. photos on instagram taken from different angles, being more transparent about eggie's manufacturing processes, more unique and inspired content instead of the routine monthly favorites and vlogs, etc.
nubilelokoian
Learner
Learner

Postby bluebirdpie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 am

If it's irritating then don't read this thread. Simple.

I post on here because it's fun to see how Jenn would react. She could just stop reading gurugossiper altogether but her insecurities get the better of her.

I comment because underneath all the fake smiles , falsies, free trips, underneath all the glitz and glamour, Jenn isn't who she portrays herself to be. I think some of her fans deserve to know the truth. That eggie is overpriced, that she's not really that great in fashion, that she's just a pretty face that got lucky on YouTube, that she's not that hardworking if you see how often she eats out and goes on vacation.
bluebirdpie
Talker
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to A-E
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge