Post by TechnicolorLips »

hermitqueen wrote:jackie aina makeup starter pack
1. cakey under-eye concealer
2. obvious line of demarcation
3. upper lip hair
4. glitter fall out everywhere

did i miss anything?
5. Scary unnaturally long false lashes

Lmao that moustache though! I think she needs to get her eyes checked.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
PMS should just be called ovary-acting. <3 :D

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jackie Aina

Post by prctentious »

TechnicolorLips wrote:
3. upper lip hair

did i miss anything?
5. Scary unnaturally long false lashes
6. excessive highlight
7. tragic contour
8. makeup on hair

Post by Guest »

3. upper lip hair

did i miss anything?
Those side burns have to go.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

TechnicolorLips wrote:Lmao that moustache though!
I'm mad she didn't call it "La Peach Fuzz"

I can't hate though, I'm hairy af too and I can appreciate seeing a woman in the beauty industry who doesn't feel pressured to be hairless from the lashes up.

hermitqueen
Informer
Informer

Post by hermitqueen »

manged wrote:

I can't hate though, I'm hairy af too and I can appreciate seeing a woman in the beauty industry who doesn't feel pressured to be hairless from the lashes up.
LOL "la peach fuzz." I'm a fellow hairy WOC so I can relate, I just thought it really tied the whole mess of a look together

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

@jackieaina’s Tweet:

Someone on LSA compared Tacky to a chihuahua Image

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

manged wrote:

Lol, me too. And I can't be bothered waxing it because...I don't have that time!

BerryStrawberry
Talker
Talker

Post by BerryStrawberry »

I think she kinda resembles Kelly Rowland with the new wig. They all look terrible and fake to me, so I'm not one to judge quality in any way, but the colour suits her so much more.

Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kale Contour »

Wow I don't usually hate on her but fuuuck, the Fashion Nova video ending with a BANSHEE SCREECH made me dislike and unsub.

I fucking hate when YouTubers think blowing out their mics and damaging our eardrums is cute.

My neighbours probably think I'm murdering influencers in my flat now, thanks Jackie :tu:

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

if nothing else, her videos are great background noise. i don't think any of us hate her (myself included) and her videos are great fun to laugh at. not laughing with her, but at her, lmao

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

prctentious wrote: i don't think any of us hate her (myself included)
I think the "she's a race-baiter that hates all white people!!!!" crowd probably hates her. They don't matter though. Despite all the shit I talk on here, Jackie is probably one of the few gurus whose videos I watch consistently. That's partially because we are similar in skintone, so she's good for a foundation shade reference, but she can be quite entertaining to watch, even if it is to laugh at her and gawk at her tackiness. I also criticize because I genuinely think she's capable of better.

GaroMaster
Learner
Learner

Post by GaroMaster »

I disappear from this thread for for a little while and come back to some Jackie mouthpiece (or Jackie herself) hopping into the Jackie Aina TRASH THREAD crying about "haters" trashing Jackie. People never fail to amaze me with the depths of stupidity they manage to reach. Fool.

Anyone that uses the word "haters" while trying to form a serious argument is, as CinnamonBun put it, not worth anyone's time anyway.

I don't hate Jackie - I deeply loathe a small number of people but I don't know if I can honestly say I hate anyone - but I'm no fan of hers. I don't find her endearing, funny, entertaining, talented, or amusing in the least. She's tacky, messy, and no amount of cheap, ill fitting, makeup stained wigs, cheap clothing, or fucked makeup can buy class, of which she can't claim one iota. (The pickle thing? Girl bye, FOH with that nasty shit.)

And hey, she's some people's cup of tea. But she's not mine.

Post by Guest »

GaroMaster wrote:I disappear from this thread for for a little while and come back to some Jackie mouthpiece (or Jackie herself) hopping into the Jackie Aina TRASH THREAD crying about "haters" trashing Jackie. People never fail to amaze me with the depths of stupidity they manage to reach. Fool.

Anyone that uses the word "haters" while trying to form a serious argument is, as CinnamonBun put it, not worth anyone's time anyway.

I don't hate Jackie - I deeply loathe a small number of people but I don't know if I can honestly say I hate anyone - but I'm no fan of hers. I don't find her endearing, funny, entertaining, talented, or amusing in the least. She's tacky, messy, and no amount of cheap, ill fitting, makeup stained wigs, cheap clothing, or fucked makeup can buy class, of which she can't claim one iota. (The pickle thing? Girl bye, FOH with that nasty shit.)
And hey, she's some people's cup of tea. But she's not mine.
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD :love2:

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

manged wrote:
prctentious wrote: i don't think any of us hate her (myself included)
I think the "she's a race-baiter that hates all white people!!!!" crowd probably hates her. They don't matter though. Despite all the shit I talk on here, Jackie is probably one of the few gurus whose videos I watch consistently. That's partially because we are similar in skintone, so she's good for a foundation shade reference, but she can be quite entertaining to watch, even if it is to laugh at her and gawk at her tackiness. I also criticize because I genuinely think she's capable of better.
I love this comment so much, i wish I could like it more than once, lol.
I 100% agree. She is one of the few people on yt who I think isn't genuinely shitty through and through. I like that she advocates for representation in the beauty industry and so tirelessly because without people like her, we wouldn't get as far as quickly.

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

I can't stand Jackie. Not only is she incredibly ugly without makeup on, but she is so "extra" that it rubs me up the wrong way. The way she was carrying on in that Fashion Nova video, I was seriously cringing. How did she not notice the whole in that tacky rose gold coloured skirt? It was obvious AF. :roll:

These gurus, man; bought and paid for by brands and that's all they care about.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

That rose gold skirt was horrifying to look at, idk what she was thinking

sweet2mechii
Learner
Learner

Post by sweet2mechii »

Chocolatebox28 wrote::fit:
hermitqueen wrote:LMAO and then she'll go on about how she has ~~~golden undertones~~~
Where??? :fit:
In almost every video she tries some new foundation/concealer
Jackie gurrrl are you blind the things you usually use looks like a banana next to your neck

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I, for one, consider Jackie to be a race baiter. I wonder if she's always been like that but just never expressed it in her videos, or if she's going with what's apparently the "in" thing to do.

However, that's not the reason why I unsubscribed to her a long time ago. It's because she is obnoxious and melodramatic -_- I'd rather not watch someone who acts like a cult leader to be worshiped.

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

sweet2mechii wrote:
Chocolatebox28 wrote::fit:
hermitqueen wrote:LMAO and then she'll go on about how she has ~~~golden undertones~~~
Where??? :fit:
In almost every video she tries some new foundation/concealer
Jackie gurrrl are you blind the things you usually use looks like a banana next to your neck
Yup. In her most recent Nars foundation video she says something like she has green veins on her chest and that means she's a yellow golden.

She also color matches using her chest... Image I thought she went to a beauty school? Did she skip color theory week?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

The reason it doesn't look like she's golden is because she has a lot of discoloration. The center of her face is naturally yellow, but he mouth area isn't, and since she doesn't color correct, her mouth and jaw looks grey after she applies a yellowish foundation. I STILL don't understand why she stopped color correcting?

Return to “F-J”