Fashionrocksmysocks

roonil-wazlib
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fashionrocksmysocks

Post by roonil-wazlib »

Also, the other day she was saying on twitter how she wants to buy some Acne gloves but she doesn't have anything that will match, like a scarf or a hat. The gloves cost £120. Someone commented on this and she justified it by saying they'll keep her hands warm and other cheaper gloves wouldn't. I know she must make good money from ads, but how can anyone justify spending £120 on a pair of mittens?!!

They look like this by the way http://www.acnestudios.com/eu/en/adini- ... 3-35L.html.

DickTremayne
Learner
Learner

Post by DickTremayne »

roonil-wazlib wrote:Also, the other day she was saying on twitter how she wants to buy some Acne gloves but she doesn't have anything that will match, like a scarf or a hat. The gloves cost £120. Someone commented on this and she justified it by saying they'll keep her hands warm and other cheaper gloves wouldn't. I know she must make good money from ads, but how can anyone justify spending £120 on a pair of mittens?!!

They look like this by the way http://www.acnestudios.com/eu/en/adini- ... 3-35L.html.

The idea of her spending £120 on a pair of mittens is bizarre. I don’t really care how people spend their money - spoil yourself if you like (I certainly do sometimes), as long as any children aren’t going without, but trying to justify £120 mittens as some sort of necessary investment is nonsense. She mentioned a few vlogs ago about how she was going to ‘invest’ in higher end knitwear. Investment knitwear: just what every mother to a toddler who needs feeding and clothing for the next 17+ years, and who’s in an inherently unstable and insecure career (without seemingly having any fallback options) needs. Forget home ownership and invest in vastly overpriced wool :roll: I can’t even think of a more silly item of clothing to spend big on, either - they’ll be grubby in no time. And can you even imagine the whinging if she loses one of them?

I really hope she has a long term plan and is saving a large percentage of her income. Even then, if I were her I’d be ploughing every spare pound I could into investing in property as soon as possible.

IamaWitch
Informer
Informer

Post by IamaWitch »

I honestly couldn't stop rolling my eyes back into my head when I read about the Acne gloves. I love to splurge some good money on a lot of items I own, which some people may find over the top as well. But £120 for mittens is ridiculous. I can even justify £300 on a good pair of shoes if I find them worth it. But spending that kind of money on gloves is simply put.. stupid. Uniqlo has cashmere gloves that feel divine and super luxe and they cost about £30 or a bit less even I think. They are a real luxury to me and still only cost a tiny fraction of what she is willing to pay. And I can assure your that cashmere will keep your hands nice and toasty. Those Acne ones are made from 70% Wool Mohair, 16% Polyamid, 14% Wool, so she's not investing in 100% fine and expensive materials either. I don't get her justification for such expensive gloves, when even people who love luxury and earn a fortune wouldn't necessarily go for these. She's not really rich to justify it either. It's a waste of money on something unnecessary.

hellohappiness
Informer
Informer

Post by hellohappiness »

Mittens?? I can understand investing in a good pair of shoes or coat, but mittens? I haven't worn a pair of mittens since I was about 6 years old :rofl:

She will grow tired of them pretty fast when she realises she can't even use her phone with them on. I bought a pair of gloves for €10 this week, smart phone compatiple and everything. A great "investment" :tu:

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

hellohappiness wrote:Mittens?? I can understand investing in a good pair of shoes or coat, but mittens? I haven't worn a pair of mittens since I was about 6 years old :rofl:

She will grow tired of them pretty fast when she realises she can't even use her phone with them on. I bought a pair of gloves for €10 this week, smart phone compatiple and everything. A great "investment" :tu:
and mittens/gloves get wrecked so quickly- or at least they do when I wear them! They get grubby quite quickly if you're looking after kids in a play park or feeding them or whatever, and always end up with holes etc- I just buy cheap warm Primark ones every year for about £2 nowadays!

vng_h
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by vng_h »

Those mittens don't look very nice. Do you think she just wants them because they're ~~~***acne***~~~ ?

luciakitty
Debater
Debater

Post by luciakitty »

roonil-wazlib wrote:Also, the other day she was saying on twitter how she wants to buy some Acne gloves but she doesn't have anything that will match, like a scarf or a hat. The gloves cost £120. Someone commented on this and she justified it by saying they'll keep her hands warm and other cheaper gloves wouldn't. I know she must make good money from ads, but how can anyone justify spending £120 on a pair of mittens?!!

They look like this by the way <a class="vglnk" href="http://www.acnestudios.com/eu/en/adini- ... 3-35L.html" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>acnestudios</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>eu</span><span>/</span><span>en</span><span>/</span><span>adini</span><span>-</span><span>g</span><span>-</span><span>alpaca</span><span>/</span><span>17F163</span><span>-</span><span>35L</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>.
I don't have a problem with paying extra for something beautiful and unique but those mittens are so boring and generic that I don't believe you can't buy an identical pair from Zara or Asos for literally 10% of the price. And mittens aren't an investment, they're a trend that's been in for a while, sure but I don't see them sticking around for like 20 years. Especially since Rhiannon is the mother of a soon to be toddler and it's probably not the time to buy nice delicate clothes since less washable things like expensive wool will get grubby af so fast.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

apeach wrote:
emmaemma wrote:
vng_h wrote:It irritates me that R spent so much money on high end clothes for D. She'll grow out of them, she doesn't even care how she looks like she's just a baby. I'm pretty sure she could've found cheaper baby clothes that are just as cute. That kind of makes R a bit of a snob, just dress D in cheaper clothes for god's sake, imagine how much she could've saved.
This I disagree on, mostly because I dress my kids in expensive clothes too but I resell probably 80% of it. Besides D seems to get a lot of wear out of her clothes so it's probably worth it to Rhiannon.

Sent from my iPad
As a mom, I completely disagree dressing my kids in cheap clothing. If you’ve even felt or seen the quality of these cheap clothing, I’m sure you wouldn’t put it on your body either. It beyond offends me as to why other people would care if we spoil our kids with good quality attire. Yes they’ll grow out of it, but atleast I’ll know they’ll be comfortable wearing it and it fits them properly. Kids are people too. If you have a kid of your own i hope you do realize that good brands go on sale and can be affordable instead of just outright buying cheap things.

chipbarm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chipbarm »

But her money and what she spends it on is no one's business? :roll:

adven
Informer
Informer

Post by adven »

Last edited by adven on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

adven
Informer
Informer

Post by adven »

Lamonde_ wrote:
apeach wrote:
emmaemma wrote:
vng_h wrote:It irritates me that R spent so much money on high end clothes for D. She'll grow out of them, she doesn't even care how she looks like she's just a baby. I'm pretty sure she could've found cheaper baby clothes that are just as cute. That kind of makes R a bit of a snob, just dress D in cheaper clothes for god's sake, imagine how much she could've saved.
This I disagree on, mostly because I dress my kids in expensive clothes too but I resell probably 80% of it. Besides D seems to get a lot of wear out of her clothes so it's probably worth it to Rhiannon.

Sent from my iPad
As a mom, I completely disagree dressing my kids in cheap clothing. If you’ve even felt or seen the quality of these cheap clothing, I’m sure you wouldn’t put it on your body either. It beyond offends me as to why other people would care if we spoil our kids with good quality attire. Yes they’ll grow out of it, but atleast I’ll know they’ll be comfortable wearing it and it fits them properly. Kids are people too. If you have a kid of your own i hope you do realize that good brands go on sale and can be affordable instead of just outright buying cheap things.
In the UK you can get some very good quality clothing for babie's and toddlers even in supermarkets, 100% cotton etc. Buying expensive clothes for a toddler who won't fit into them in a few months really isn't cost effective. Each to their own ofcourse, but you are wrong to assume highstreet brands means poor quality or sizing.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

It’s the same
adven wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:
apeach wrote:
emmaemma wrote:

Sent from my iPad
In the UK you can get some very good quality clothing for babie's and toddlers even in supermarkets, 100% cotton etc. Buying expensive clothes for a toddler who won't fit into them in a few months really isn't cost effective. Each to their own ofcourse, but you are wrong to assume highstreet brands means poor quality or sizing.
I’m not assuming. It’s like buying cheap clothes or w.e for your pets with the same justification. She should spend whatever money for her child, on herself though, no.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

As a mom, I completely disagree dressing my kids in cheap clothing. If you’ve even felt or seen the quality of these cheap clothing, I’m sure you wouldn’t put it on your body either. It beyond offends me as to why other people would care if we spoil our kids with good quality attire. Yes they’ll grow out of it, but atleast I’ll know they’ll be comfortable wearing it and it fits them properly. Kids are people too. If you have a kid of your own i hope you do realize that good brands go on sale and can be affordable instead of just outright buying cheap things.[/quote]
In the UK you can get some very good quality clothing for babie's and toddlers even in supermarkets, 100% cotton etc. Buying expensive clothes for a toddler who won't fit into them in a few months really isn't cost effective. Each to their own ofcourse, but you are wrong to assume highstreet brands means poor quality or sizing.[/quote]

I’m not assuming. It’s like buying cheap clothes or w.e for your pets with the same justification. She should spend whatever money for her child, on herself though, no.[/quote]

This is hands down the dumbest thing I've read here so far. Why the fuck would you, a parent, spend a lot of money on good quality clothing for your child rather than invest in good wardrobe pieces for yourself? I'm not sure how old your kid is, but from what I remember I used to WRECK my clothing on a daily basis. I'm glad my mother chose to spend money on nice clothing for herself, which has lasted her a good decade, than on me. Don't get me wrong, I still had nice dresses for photo opportunities (Xmas, birthday) but those clothes were only reserved for special occasions and I wasn't allowed to wear them to school or anything. If you want to dress your kid in expensive clothing, go ahead who am I to tell you what to do, but quit being bitchy when other people don't agree with you and prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

Also Delilah is like 15 months and I usually see her covered in food, so.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

staedtler wrote:As a mom, I completely disagree dressing my kids in cheap clothing. If you’ve even felt or seen the quality of these cheap clothing, I’m sure you wouldn’t put it on your body either. It beyond offends me as to why other people would care if we spoil our kids with good quality attire. Yes they’ll grow out of it, but atleast I’ll know they’ll be comfortable wearing it and it fits them properly. Kids are people too. If you have a kid of your own i hope you do realize that good brands go on sale and can be affordable instead of just outright buying cheap things.
In the UK you can get some very good quality clothing for babie's and toddlers even in supermarkets, 100% cotton etc. Buying expensive clothes for a toddler who won't fit into them in a few months really isn't cost effective. Each to their own ofcourse, but you are wrong to assume highstreet brands means poor quality or sizing.[/quote]

I’m not assuming. It’s like buying cheap clothes or w.e for your pets with the same justification. She should spend whatever money for her child, on herself though, no.[/quote]

This is hands down the dumbest thing I've read here so far. Why the fuck would you, a parent, spend a lot of money on good quality clothing for your child rather than invest in good wardrobe pieces for yourself? I'm not sure how old your kid is, but from what I remember I used to WRECK my clothing on a daily basis. I'm glad my mother chose to spend money on nice clothing for herself, which has lasted her a good decade, than on me. Don't get me wrong, I still had nice dresses for photo opportunities (Xmas, birthday) but those clothes were only reserved for special occasions and I wasn't allowed to wear them to school or anything. If you want to dress your kid in expensive clothing, go ahead who am I to tell you what to do, but quit being bitchy when other people don't agree with you and prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

Also Delilah is like 15 months and I usually see her covered in food, so.[/quote]

agree, i think it's fine to own a few lovely pieces for special occasions but even if it's just heading out to class, D wears expensive clothes. maybe it's because all the other babies in that town dresses expensively? idk lol

em_oak
Stalker
Stalker

Post by em_oak »

The cardigan in her last video is £180 :o She keeps saying that she "puts money aside to invest in clothing" yet she seems to be buying expensive things ALL THE TIME. Like, not so long ago was that acne jumper and the mustard cardigan etc.
Wow, just wow.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

em_oak wrote:The cardigan in her last video is £180 :o She keeps saying that she "puts money aside to invest in clothing" yet she seems to be buying expensive things ALL THE TIME. Like, not so long ago was that acne jumper and the mustard cardigan etc.
Wow, just wow.
yeah her purchases make no sense to me. I understand spending that money on a blazer or nice jacket, but a CARDIGAN?? Holy shit, more money than sense

hellohappiness
Informer
Informer

Post by hellohappiness »

Where is she getting all the money from though? That's what I want to know :rofl:

DickTremayne
Learner
Learner

Post by DickTremayne »

staedtler wrote:
em_oak wrote: yeah her purchases make no sense to me. I understand spending that money on a blazer or nice jacket, but a CARDIGAN?? Holy shit, more money than sense
I think this is where she’d benefit from spending more time with friends with normal lives. I’m older than Rhi, and my group of friends are all now financially-stable professionals. I could spend £120 on a pair of mittens if I especially wanted to, but the great thing about having real friends rather than just fellow ‘influencers’ or fangirls is that my friends would talk sense into me before I spent big on such a silly thing :roll: spending £180 on a cardigan is fine if you can afford it, but strike the word ‘invest[ment]’ from your vocabulary until you know what it means.

I guess she sees more successful youtubers and bloggers spending big on designer gear and thinks that it’s normal and that she deserves nice things too (not necessarily disagreeing with that, by the way). Then her fangirls just agree with everything she says about it being a sensible investment to spend big on a cardigan that her toddler will tug at, fling food on and make grubby in no time.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

I’m sure those mittens and jumper will be donated by next year and she’ll say “they’ve served their purpose”. Instead of spending money on clothes, maybe a new car instead?

puckerjugs
Informer
Informer

Post by puckerjugs »

DickTremayne wrote:I guess she sees more successful youtubers and bloggers spending big on designer gear and thinks that it’s normal and that she deserves nice things too (not necessarily disagreeing with that, by the way). Then her fangirls just agree with everything she says about it being a sensible investment to spend big on a cardigan that her toddler will tug at, fling food on and make grubby in no time.
This. She commented "Been so tempted to get that scarf" on Estee Lalonde's instagram post, which is from Acne surprise surprise. Rhiannon and Estee's lifestyles are nowhere near one another's (and Rhiannon doesn't live off her boyfriend's dirty laundered money), and just feels a bit unnecessary to have a collection from this brand just to fit this blogger-lifestyle image. Which, at this point to me she doesn't even fit in with the beauty guru's or the lifestyle guru's, so I don't really get it.

Return to “Rhiannon Ashlee”