whatiwanttomoanaboutoday - Lily Pebbles Part 5

whiterabbit
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatiwanttomoanaboutoday - Lily Pebbles Part 5

Post by whiterabbit »

sophieimogen wrote:Lily Pebbles - Cereal Moaner?
YES

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rollingwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by rollingwaves »

Yeah, it’s only a matter of time til that office couch/futon is old news. I agree that she seems especially miserable these days. Before, I wasn’t too bothered by Lily’s attitude/disposition (I also have a tendency to be complain-y) and I even enjoyed her vlogs. But lately, especially in her IG stories, I find that her behavior has been something else altogether. Seriously, based on the things she’s been saying lately, she totally strikes me as a person who doesn’t have much going on in their day-to-day life and thus little things seem like a huge deal. I was once on leave for almost 3 months and by the end of it I was starting to sound kind of like Lily (but with more navel gazing, not quite so much complaining) simply because I didnt have much to fill up my days.
TheChemist wrote:I wouldn’t trust that website where the company is showing ‘Rich’s family’ - I think it’s showing other people with the same surname to look at.

If you check Companies House, it’s just Lily as director of 1 company that she’s had for years to pay herself dividends for tax purposes. Her dad used to be a director too but isn’t any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree.

I’m a corporate attorney (albeit not in the UK, but many concepts are similar in my jurisdiction) so I figured I’d chime in on this.

It is often recommended for self-employed people like Lily to form a company (or other limited liability entity) because, among other reasons, doing so protects personal assets from creditors/judgments/liens etc. In other words, you can only lose as much as you put into the company, and (for example) you don’t risk losing your house or car in order to pay people back if your business goes under.

I also saw that Lily’s father was initially a director but resigned—this isn’t unusual, at least from what I’ve seen. The rules typically require you to name at least one director on the initial paperwork when forming the company. Frequently, the person setting up the company (and this might not be the person who intends to own/run the company) puts their own name down as a director as a placeholder just to get the forms completed and filed. Then they immediately appoint the actual director of the company and step down. I suspect this is what happened with Lily and her father.

Out of curiosity I skimmed the incorporation statement on file for New Kid in Town Limited, and this document supports my hunch (that Lily’s father helped with the formation paperwork and simply named himself a director as a placeholder). The company was formed on March 4, 2015, and on that same day Lily was appointed director and her father stepped down. Again, I’m not that familiar with UK corporate law, but in my jurisdiction this is very routine. (Sidenote: based on the filings I saw on Companies House, it appears that Lily and her father are the only people involved with the company—it doesn’t look like Rich’s family is associated at all.)

TLDR: there are many things that Lily does on a near-daily basis that we can make fun of. But based on my experience, setting up this company is nothing to write home about (even though I just wrote this whole post about it lol), nor is it suspicious. It’s routine advice that is given to business owners, startups, and beyond. (In fact I have seen other beauty YTers form their own companies for legal/business purposes—I wonder if they are getting this advice from their management or something?)

Sorry if I rambled a bit—I find it fascinating when this stuff comes up!

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

Tulips wrote:Sorry for the double post but I get the impression from these boards that some people think the majority of Londoners are wealthy and privileged; this is only in certain parts of the city. Most of the areas I know and grew up in are quite run-down and nothing particularly special, although house prices are now crazy but it wasn't always like that. The swanky parts of central London (that some people may associate with the likes of Niomi and Tanya) and the wealthier suburbs Lily is used to are a far cry from a lot of Greater London areas :)
definitely agree that London living experience is super diverse and there are many people from many different backgrounds, but I think when people refer to her being "London born" as a privilege, it is justified and it's not necessarily to do with wealth. As someone who recently graduated and hails from the North of England trying to get a full time job where my industry of choice is almost ENTIRELY based in London, being London born and bred is a massive advantage if you are also trying to get into that industry in terms of being able to do work experience, unpaid internships etc.

In a lot of industries like publishing, media, marketing it is expected that you would do months of UNPAID placements before you can hope to be considered for an entry level role but the only way to be able to do that is by having parents/family who live in London who you can live with rent free until you get paid. Of course, your family being able to let you live rent free is not an option for every Londoner, but it's almost impossible if you don't already live in London. I'm not convinced that a lot of companies I've applied haven't just looked at the top of my CV, seen "Yorkshire" and just thrown my application in the bin.

There's also been a lot of talk recently in the media about how London has almost completely monopolised a lot of industries and has disadvantaged the younger generation trying to find work in the rest of the UK because of it. Someone said to me recently when I was talking about my job hunt that at this moment in time, the biggest blessing a parent could give to their child of my generation is to live in London.

Just my two cents but I don't think it the comments are to do with the (incorrect) notion that "all Londoners must be wealthy".

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

holly golightly wrote:
Tulips wrote:Sorry for the double post but I get the impression from these boards that some people think the majority of Londoners are wealthy and privileged; this is only in certain parts of the city. Most of the areas I know and grew up in are quite run-down and nothing particularly special, although house prices are now crazy but it wasn't always like that. The swanky parts of central London (that some people may associate with the likes of Niomi and Tanya) and the wealthier suburbs Lily is used to are a far cry from a lot of Greater London areas :)
definitely agree that London living experience is super diverse and there are many people from many different backgrounds, but I think when people refer to her being "London born" as a privilege, it is justified and it's not necessarily to do with wealth. As someone who recently graduated and hails from the North of England trying to get a full time job where my industry of choice is almost ENTIRELY based in London, being London born and bred is a massive advantage if you are also trying to get into that industry in terms of being able to do work experience, unpaid internships etc.

In a lot of industries like publishing, media, marketing it is expected that you would do months of UNPAID placements before you can hope to be considered for an entry level role but the only way to be able to do that is by having parents/family who live in London who you can live with rent free until you get paid. Of course, your family being able to let you live rent free is not an option for every Londoner, but it's almost impossible if you don't already live in London. I'm not convinced that a lot of companies I've applied haven't just looked at the top of my CV, seen "Yorkshire" and just thrown my application in the bin.

There's also been a lot of talk recently in the media about how London has almost completely monopolised a lot of industries and has disadvantaged the younger generation trying to find work in the rest of the UK because of it. Someone said to me recently when I was talking about my job hunt that at this moment in time, the biggest blessing a parent could give to their child of my generation is to live in London.

Just my two cents but I don't think it the comments are to do with the (incorrect) notion that "all Londoners must be wealthy".
Thanks for the insight, I really enjoy reading this forum not just to gossip about the Cereal Moaner but really also to learn what’s really going on outside the YouTube bubble parallel world.
Your post highlighted once again that Lily comes (and all of her friends, is my impression) comes from such a privileged background, born with a silver spoon in her life. So she is not a massive success story, maybe her parents or their parents are.
She has so much to be grateful for and yet all she does is moan moan moan

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Tulips wrote:Sorry for the double post but I'm not surprised Lily has kept this new company secret; I should imagine loads of youtubers have made investments on the side. I'd be a little surprised if these were disclosed to us, actually.
It's not her new company though, it's 3 years old. Didn't Anna buy her a Lingua Franca jumper with 'New Kid In Town' emblazoned on it for her birthday? It's her favorite Eagles song apparently. She's never been a director of another company so all her vlogging sponsorship income etc goes through this.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Im guessing Anna has a company as well, they all do. Any of the Gleam crowd who brought out products have Dom Smales (Gleam owner) as a director as well.

Post by Guest »

Anna does have a company.

Gingerfox
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerfox »

So it seems Lily, Anna, Ruth et al are at some fancy spa hotel break/event paid for by Cult Beauty :roll: I was thinking of buying some stuff from Cult Beauty with a birthday discount code I have, but this has put me right off knowing that my money is used to pay for these extravagant unnecessary freebies for 'influencers'! I don't understand why brands do it - I don't mind bloggers being sent PR samples so they can review products, but this just pisses me off...

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

That new vlog was just heinously obnoxious.

Apologies if anyone graduated from the "prestigious" Birmingham city university but they are having a laugh

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I can understand having greasy hair at home during the week but when your invited to a retreat/spa where you know you will be going to dinner etc is it too much to actually wash your hair - unbelievably lazy and I'm not sure she washed it for that graduation ceremony either!

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:I can understand having greasy hair at home during the week but when your invited to a retreat/spa where you know you will be going to dinner etc is it too much to actually wash your hair - unbelievably lazy and I'm not sure she washed it for that graduation ceremony either!
Why is it again that she doesn't like to wash her hair? Is it because it's curly and she doesn't want to have to straighten it too often? Even if that's the case....if you can tell that your own hair is greasy and even put a silly hat on to hide it (as she said in her insta story today)....then why not on earth wash it and get it over with? God knows she doesn't have that much to do.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

That animal print shirt was so tacky to wear. At first I thought "well at least the robe will cover it" but nope...

Post by Guest »

londongirl2001 wrote:
Rosie Ribbons wrote:I can understand having greasy hair at home during the week but when your invited to a retreat/spa where you know you will be going to dinner etc is it too much to actually wash your hair - unbelievably lazy and I'm not sure she washed it for that graduation ceremony either!
Why is it again that she doesn't like to wash her hair? Is it because it's curly and she doesn't want to have to straighten it too often? Even if that's the case....if you can tell that your own hair is greasy and even put a silly hat on to hide it (as she said in her insta story today)....then why not on earth wash it and get it over with? God knows she doesn't have that much to do.
If she ever went back to a 'regular' job, she would have a meltdown each time she'd have to wash and straighten her hair late at night because she won't have enough time to do it when she has to leave early the next morning to go to work like the vast majority of people.
You're right, she can't be doing that much, surely, even with the decorating at the moment. It's not as if she has to fit it all around a full-time job.

Post by Guest »

Tulips wrote:
londongirl2001 wrote:
If she ever went back to a 'regular' job, she would have a meltdown each time she'd have to wash and straighten her hair late at night because she won't have enough time to do it when she has to leave early the next morning to go to work like the vast majority of people.
You're right, she can't be doing that much, surely, even with the decorating at the moment. It's not as if she has to fit it all around a full-time job.
She really struggles with what to do to her hair. The ends are thin compared to the crown of her hair, and it's because she lets her hair air dry, then flat irons it, then uses the flat iron to create a bend. I think she uses aserosol product to then give the top of her hair a bit of volume, something like the Ouai spray, but doesn't do much to the ends, which she tries to 'save' and get as much length as she can.

If she used a flat paddle brush, blew dry her hair roughly, she'd probably be able to skip the step of straightening the life out of it to get it smooth.

All of this would be worlds improved if she dealt with those frizzy curly baby hairs along her hairline on her forehead. They give the game away.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

bibbyslaw wrote:
Tulips wrote:
londongirl2001 wrote:
She really struggles with what to do to her hair. The ends are thin compared to the crown of her hair, and it's because she lets her hair air dry, then flat irons it, then uses the flat iron to create a bend. I think she uses aserosol product to then give the top of her hair a bit of volume, something like the Ouai spray, but doesn't do much to the ends, which she tries to 'save' and get as much length as she can.

If she used a flat paddle brush, blew dry her hair roughly, she'd probably be able to skip the step of straightening the life out of it to get it smooth.

All of this would be worlds improved if she dealt with those frizzy curly baby hairs along her hairline on her forehead. They give the game away.
She needs to go to a proper salon that deals with curly hair (I don't know if Deva salons are a thing in the UK) and they will do wonders for her hair and fix it. I wish she'd embrace her curls. She totally ruined them. Alternatively, if she doesn't want to embrace the curls, she needs to take proper care of her hair like you said. Ditch the straightener everyday, do hair masks, minimize heat, find what works.

Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Persephone_moon »

londongirl2001 wrote:
I generally agree. I mean, personally, I try to go as long as i possibly can without washing my hair, the natural oils are better for your scalp and the health of your hair, but when I have an important social or work occasion where I would just feel too self-conscious about it (rather than a normal day at work or at home), I wouldn't dare leave the house with obviously greasy hair. I always use dry shampoo in emergency situations, but come on Lily, suck it up and wash your hair!!! it's so damn short too.. like it doesn't take that long to manage (trust me lily, I have super long, thick, hair, hence my trying to wait as long as I can to wash it), but FFS, she's on a yoga mat... presumably lying her head on it.. and it's hella greasy :barf:

The worst part is.... we wouldn't know her hair was greasy unless she said it. like why draw attention to it?! and it's a beauty and health retreat, don't come and tell me there was no fancy shampoo and conditioner she could have used :roll:
If you can't say anything nice, say something clever but devastating ;)

Post by Guest »

A mummy blogger called Sarah from Taming Twins followed The Curly Girl Method, I forget who wrote that book now, and even went to a hair salon specialising in curly hair in Birmingham. Ok, this may be a bit far for Lily to regularly travel to even if she was genuinely interested, which she isn't. It's a shame she puts her hair through so much each time she washes and styles it (it's just as well it doesn't seem to be too often lol). If she straightened her hair every now and then, she'd give her poor hair a break but not sure if it's beyond that now.

Travelgirl08
Learner
Learner

Post by Travelgirl08 »

Theres a curly salon in London called unruly curls or something, in West London. So many curly haired girls go hair, black, white, mixed, u name it. But its not too posh for Pebbles, so I doubt she’ll even want to be seen going there.

And now there are SO many curly hair friendly products on the markey, in boots, superdrug, everywhere!! She has no excuse.

Post by Guest »

Can you imagine the inside of that baker boy cap she keeps wearing?

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rustandust »

Dedicating this song to Lily and her unwashed hair on a press trip:
[Redman:]
Ah, dirrty (dirrty)
Filthy (filthy)
Nasty (Christina), you nasty (yeah)