• Advertisement

Melinda Joy

Melinda Joy

Postby LiddlePallid » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

I am starting a topic on this girl because I have a genuine curiosity to find out how she's scamming companies to get on PR lists. Here is her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/melindajoyful/
She only has 357 subscribers, but gets sent PR from MAC, Smashbox, Covergirl - the list of companies goes on and on. Her videos never seem to get more than 40-ish views, and I never see any comments. Her followers are obviously bought, Instagram/Twitter/snapchat/Pinterest: Melindajoy926 - has thousands of followers but never gets more than a few likes/comments on pictures and posts. Nothing adds up! I can see her sneaking that by indie companies and stuff, but I don't understand how MAC and the other huge companies can't see right through that.
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Advertisement

Re: Melinda Joy

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 am

LiddlePallid wrote:I am starting a topic on this girl because I have a genuine curiosity to find out how she's scamming companies to get on PR lists. Here is her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/melindajoyful/
She only has 357 subscribers, but gets sent PR from MAC, Smashbox, Covergirl - the list of companies goes on and on. Her videos never seem to get more than 40-ish views, and I never see any comments. Her followers are obviously bought, Instagram/Twitter/snapchat/Pinterest: Melindajoy926 - has thousands of followers but never gets more than a few likes/comments on pictures and posts. Nothing adds up! I can see her sneaking that by indie companies and stuff, but I don't understand how MAC and the other huge companies can't see right through that.

That is strange. Only 357 subs and she still gets PR? Does she get the actual packages? Hmmm

If you can't say anything nice about anybody, come sit by me!
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!
beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby tar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 am

I need to watch her channel. Does she actually get PR packages with the literature inside?
That's interesting since she is a nobody.
She would not even come close for Octoly with the numbers she has.
There is no way she is on a PR list without something underhanded going on.

Something is off with this woman if she's actually getting PR.
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:30 am

She has a cargo affiliate code and a Looxi beauty one. Can you even get affiliate codes with that small of a following? Maybe she has connections??

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Yeah, none of it makes any sense. A couple days ago she uploaded swatches for the MAC metallics lipsticks that just came out - and said she received them in a PR package. Everything she shows is stuff that was sent for free - she says it, but never lists in the description like you're supposed to that the items were sent for free. At first I thought she was buying the collections until I realized she kept saying "I got this in a PR package." Why are you getting PR packages when you have such a tiny following? lol these companies gain nothing by sending her stuff because she doesn't have an audience to sell it to.
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby tar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:19 am

I watched a couple of minutes of an IT Cosmetics PR that she said she received.
It was so bad I couldn't watch it. I am not sure that it even had one view.
She definitely said it was PR. She has 358 subscribers and no views.
It doesn't make any sense how she's getting PR. :?: :?: :?:
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Yeah, she doesn't even have a fun personality that makes you want to sit there and watch her, so it's completely baffling me :rofl:
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:14 pm

How did she get all those followers? She is extremely dull

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Guaranteed she bought them. If you Google "buy Instagram followers" or "buy facebook followers," there's endless amounts of sites that come up that will buy you like 1,000 for $5 lol. That's why she has a bunch of followers on Facebook and Instagram and there's no interaction - hardly any of her pictures get likes or comments on them. They're all fake accounts following her.
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Makes sense then. What still doesn't is how she gets all that PR.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Omg did you see the thumbnail for her Mac eye tutorial? That shade of lipstick looks TERRIBLE on her. I'd feel bad for her if she didn't buy her followers and somehow get PR.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:59 pm

That's how I felt at first! I was like "this poor girl is buying all this stuff to try and get her channel recognized" than I realized she was getting all this stuff for free. MAC has been sending her stuff from all the recent collections, it's insane. In the Work It Out collection video she put pink mascara on her outer lashes and she just looked like she had pink eye :rofl:
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Maybe that's how she did it. She bought those followers and if you need a certain number to qualify for PR packages she met the requirement and that's how she gets it? This is my theory since nothing else seems to make sense.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Could be, but I always thought for MAC PR you had to have like hundreds of thousands of subscribers on your YT channel. I'm super surprised I haven't seen any "how are you getting all this PR with such a small channel?" comments yet, unless she just deletes them. Although it doesn't seem like anyone is watching her videos in the first place to even comment lol. And I wonder why she hasn't bought subscribers on YouTube yet - watch, that'll be next! She'll jump to 10,000 subs this month or something :rofl:
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:15 pm

LiddlePallid wrote:Could be, but I always thought for MAC PR you had to have like hundreds of thousands of subscribers on your YT channel. I'm super surprised I haven't seen any "how are you getting all this PR with such a small channel?" comments yet, unless she just deletes them. Although it doesn't seem like anyone is watching her videos in the first place to even comment lol. And I wonder why she hasn't bought subscribers on YouTube yet - watch, that'll be next! She'll jump to 10,000 subs this month or something :rofl:

That's what I was thinking too. With only 358 subscribers and like no views there can't possibly be any reason for MAC to send someone PR packages. I bet she does that too lol she never gets many comments on IG either and she tags the companies that send her stuff, so they've gotta see that this woman is pretty much useless and is taking advantage of them.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Found her linkedin profile - says she was a social media marketing manager for 2 years, but it also says that it was for her blog (which doesn't look like it gets any visitors either lmao) so who knows with this chick! The more I try to find stuff, the more it just seems like she is bullshitting everyone lol
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Her Facebook page isn't very exciting either. It just says she's a freelance writer/blogger.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:14 pm

You can buy blog followers, too :rofl: Explains why she has a bunch of followers and no comments on any of the blog posts lmao
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:18 pm

I don't understand why she feels the need to buy her followers? Lol it makes no sense unless she's lazy and just wants free shit.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby tar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:27 pm

She has to just want free stuff. She is boring AF. I have tried to listen to a few more of
her videos but I just can't make it through a whole video. She's not an interesting
person at all. She has nothing to offer on YT. No wonder she only has 358 subscribers
on YT.

She will be buying YT followers soon. She can be booted off YT for that. We need to watch
her numbers closely. :roll:
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 am

Definitely, she's small enough to where we'll notice any big changes in subscribers. And it sure won't be because of some amazing video she uploaded :rofl:

There really is no point in buying followers and subscribers unless you want free stuff. It's not getting you more exposure, because none of the accounts are real people who are sharing, liking, commenting, etc. It's just like having an account with 10 followers because none of the other accounts are doing anything lol. She's just raising the number of followers and hoping she can sneak it by as many companies as possible for free stuff. Maybe she genuinely wants to be bigger and grow her channel, but this is not the way to do it.
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby LiddlePallid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GGhFTwRxcA&t=60s[/youtube]

I wonder if she got sent that big box of all the Smashbox Cover Shot palettes that a lot of youtubers did? If she did, that's ridiculous! She showed a few of them in a video a couple weeks ago, and I think the video has like 17 views. :rofl:
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby beautifuldisaster082 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Did she say she got the package? She's pathetic, seriously if she wanted more followers do it the way the rest of them did. Yeah I'm sure they bought some of them, I'm not saying the rest of the influencers are innocent. I bet J* and the mean girl bought some at first. I'm sure Jaclyn did and even Bratty Tatty. This woman however is going about this the wrong way. I hope it catches up with her because it looks like she's scamming these companies to get free shit.

beautifuldisaster082
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby tar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:54 pm

She's scamming these companies big time. She might have an in with one company but not all
of them. So unless she's a friend of a PR person who put her on a list, which is fraud too, this
woman is scamming. She is a con artist. She's not good at YT. She doesn't have enough for
IG really. Interesting.
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby LiddlePallid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 pm

beautifuldisaster082 wrote:Did she say she got the package? She's pathetic, seriously if she wanted more followers do it the way the rest of them did. Yeah I'm sure they bought some of them, I'm not saying the rest of the influencers are innocent. I bet J* and the mean girl bought some at first. I'm sure Jaclyn did and even Bratty Tatty. This woman however is going about this the wrong way. I hope it catches up with her because it looks like she's scamming these companies to get free shit.

I tried to go back through her videos and see if she did an unboxing of them but couldn't find anything. She did a tutorial with two of them when they first came out, and now this one today. It's possible she could have bought them, but she gets a LOT of PR from Smashbox so I'd be willing to bet these were sent to her for free as well. She should totally do a "how I get all this free shit" video because I am flabbergasted by it lmao
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Next

• Advertisement

Return to K-O
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge