Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thataylaa "15 Days of Foundation in My Hair" pt 2

Post by soundofsilence »

ColdOne wrote:
soundofsilence wrote:
MarcelineTVQ wrote:Also I forgot to mention in her shadow and schmooze (Christ I hate that title) when she was like "every one has the same number of hours in a day. Isn't that crazy" totally deadpan no inflection at all. Again I say, THIS BITCH. she thinks she is so high & mighty. Yes Taylor you're an expert at life because you manage to find time to order Mexican food for delivery & sometimes go to TJ Maxx with a friend in between slathering expired foundation over your zits and then sitting around not blotting. You're not just the queen of honesty, you're the queen of time management, too. All hail thataylaaaaaaaaaa
This is what I find almost comical about her preaching. She pats herself on the back for working so hard and being so busy, and yet her diet consists of takeout. She needs to sit the fuck down and stop acting like she's the epitome of a successful life when she can't even make herself breakfast.
By the way, Taylor, there isn't one definition of "success". Not everyone wants your life. Maybe keep that in mind before acting like you're what everyone should aspire to be.
I have come to dislike her more and more because of her holier-than-thou attitude.
We're not even asking for a well-rounded, nutritious breakfast... Taylor can't even toast her own bagel, she pays a barista to do it for her
So true.
She comes across as trying to live up to a certain image: a young woman in the big city, sitting in a coffee shop, working away on her laptop. Getting coffee and food on the run because she's such a busy, independent woman. :roll: I get the feeling she's kind of in love with how busy she is. If that's what she likes, fine, but then she holds everyone else to that same standard and lectures us like she's got the secret to success (which will probably be the title of her book).

jgio199
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jgio199 »

What it the Benjamin Buttons is going on with Taylaaa, are those gray hairs.. is she old.. is she young?? Oh no, it's FOUNDATION.. garrr
and in case you missed it, guys, she's on accutane, filmed this video 8.45 days ago, is currently flying, and is buying ugly cheap clothes online and will soon model it for your pleasure.

She reminds me of those friends on facebook you keep to laugh at their posts. Hey, don't judge, we all have one!

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PearlescentPink »

“I’m so bored with my eyeshadow lately.”
Translation: “I’m too lazy to actually get my eyeshadow out of the cupboard and go to the hastle of opening them up and finding the colours I want and all that jazz (plus I’m far too busy) and my bronzer just isn’t cutting it. I’m just going to buy more palettes.”
Just your typical vainglorious bitch <3 .

loudinhere
Learner
Learner

Post by loudinhere »

Hey, if you're bored, you could try living a genuine life and getting a new hobby.

Her humblebragging that she probably won't even live in the US in a few years is so boring. We get it, Americans are so passe. Once the novelty of everything being foreignwears off it's same shit different city.

I'm a London expat, people are just as boring there. And housing is way cheaper here.

She strikes me as one of those NYC people who just can't imagine living anywhere where everything in the world is not available 24/7. There is life beyond Postmates food delivery and insane traffic, and it's pretty sweet.

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

loudinhere wrote:
Her humblebragging that she probably won't even live in the US in a few years is so boring. We get it, Americans are so passe. Once the novelty of everything being foreignwears off it's same shit different city.

I'm a London expat, people are just as boring there. And housing is way cheaper here.
Yep, been there done that, totally over living in other countries. I'll take my cheap housing and big American car any day of the week over shivering at a bus stop on a rainy winter day. She sounds like a 15 year old who lives in the middle of cornfields dreaming of international adventure. Maybe she thinks she'll be more interesting abroad, being that in America she's about as fascinating and deep as a slice of white bread.

gg518
Talker
Talker

Post by gg518 »

PearlescentPink wrote:“I’m so bored with my eyeshadow lately.”
Translation: “I’m too lazy to actually get my eyeshadow out of the cupboard and go to the hastle of opening them up and finding the colours I want and all that jazz (plus I’m far too busy) and my bronzer just isn’t cutting it. I’m just going to buy more palettes.”
I don't get this, almost any tarte palette has atleast one nice crease friendly color. Not every palette you buy has to be shimmery/glittery/metallic. I don't understand why buy a palette if you can't create a look with it alone? Individual shadows are a thing.
This girl is definately a shopoholic. My mom is one and she always buys shit like this. The high she gets when she buys something probably helps taylor cope but it's a trainwreck to watch her buy all these fancy plants/useless furniture/palettes/ect and neglect the basics. I know she's trying to portray a specific image with all these purchases, but shit like this leads to hoarding when you're older.

sigma3zl
Talker
Talker

Post by sigma3zl »

So I know its been repeatedly said on here that she cannot match her foundation properly, but I only recently watched a few of her videos.

It becomes so obvious that she is not super super pale because of her EARS. When you puts foundation on that is too light, her EARS look so dark in comparison. I would hopefully assume she is not tanning or bronzing her ears, right???

I watched a video when I was kind of tired on my tablet and it literally looked like a floating head was talking to me- like the Greek comedy and tragedy mask.

No one is believing your Kabuki theater, Taylor.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

PearlescentPink wrote:“I’m so bored with my eyeshadow lately.”
Exactly. When you have tons of eyeshadow palettes, have all the time in the world to do your makeup, can wear just about anything since you're self-employed so everything goes, and you're still bored, the problem is you.

I get it - I could see how these YouTube makeup girls get tired of makeup, constantly reviewing because of constant releases that are mainly the same/following whatever trend is hot. But, there are creative ways to get out of the rut.

I also tend to have... Little sympathy for those situations. I could go on a rant, and I know I'm sure they work to film, edit, and take notes, but in the end, these YouTube makeup girls have it made.

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gakawak wrote:
loudinhere wrote:

Yep, been there done that, totally over living in other countries. I'll take my cheap housing and big American car any day of the week over shivering at a bus stop on a rainy winter day. She sounds like a 15 year old who lives in the middle of cornfields dreaming of international adventure. Maybe she thinks she'll be more interesting abroad, being that in America she's about as fascinating and deep as a slice of white bread.
Ugh. Like the sheltered white girls who are mystified by the idea of living in L.A. As soon as I hear that, I usually become that asshole who has geographical and demographic information memorized just to let them know that L.A. Is a county, not just Hollywood, and isn’t all that many beauty gurus would like you to believe it is. There’s nothing wrong with LA, I love it. It’s just not the manufactured, unresearched idea a lot of people have about it. And I could see someone like Taylor playing eeeny meeenie miney mo when choosing her next place to live out of a a bunch of places she pinned on a “dream board” on Pinterest.

headlessgummibear
Informer
Informer

Post by headlessgummibear »

PearlescentPink wrote:
gakawak wrote:
loudinhere wrote:

Ugh. Like the sheltered white girls who are mystified by the idea of living in L.A. As soon as I hear that, I usually become that asshole who has geographical and demographic information memorized just to let them know that L.A. Is a county, not just Hollywood, and isn’t all that many beauty gurus would like you to believe it is. There’s nothing wrong with LA, I love it. It’s just not the manufactured, unresearched idea a lot of people have about it. And I could see someone like Taylor playing eeeny meeenie miney mo when choosing her next place to live out of a a bunch of places she pinned on a “dream board” on Pinterest.
omg she literally would & then all her little fans...scuse me "baerittos", would be like omg taylor you're like sewwww ~*iNsPiRaTiOnAL*~

-n3rvacid-
Talker
Talker

Post by -n3rvacid- »

Hiiiii! Obviously I am a longtime lurker, I do not know what the hell to do and am currently praying to God that this posts.
I am actually a fan of Taylor personally, I'd much rather have (possibly) fake calmness than have someone act like they just dipped their face into a pile of cocaine. Despite this, I actually agree with some of the things you guys have brought up.
Namely the fact that she cannot seem to match her freaking undertone and the comments on her acne. As someone who is rather pale and neutral (leaning yellow), I have had a very hard time finding foundation. Following her tips lead me to looking like a my little pony. Go for the foundation that matches your UNDERTONE as opposed to "WHAT IS THE WHITEST THING I CAN FIND???". It looks so much better and way more natural.
Now onto the qualms I have with her skincare issues. I am in no position to say what she has and has not done, I don't know her skin, but I had acne almost exactly like hers that worsened when I started picking up on her foundation application. I had so many bumps all over my face, new breakouts popped up every week, it was fucking awful! I fixed a lot of it by mistake because I got diagnosed with endometriosis and was promptly placed on birth control. That took care of most of the cystic acne, then I just switched to a double cleanse, the philosophy microdelivery face wash, a hydrating serum, a thicker moisturizer, and differin gel. Bam. My skin is now almost clear. What she needs is a korean bb cream (AND SHE FUCKING TRIED ONE AND LIKED IT WHICH INFURIATES ME) and some spot concealing and I can say for certain a good portion of it would clear up. Acne does not need spackle, it needs thin layers of gentle face products. She does not need to ingest poison that could wreak major havok on her body just to obtain clear skin.
Considering she probably reads these:
Taylor, I love you, but please be kind to your poor skin. Speaking from personal experience following you, all it does it ruin it.

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

-n3rvacid- wrote:I am actually a fan of Taylor personally, I'd much rather have (possibly) fake calmness than have someone act like they just dipped their face into a pile of cocaine.
She may not act like she dipped her face into a pile of cocaine, but it seems to be the looks she’s going for.

NoKingsAllHands
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NoKingsAllHands »

PearlescentPink wrote:
-n3rvacid- wrote:I am actually a fan of Taylor personally, I'd much rather have (possibly) fake calmness than have someone act like they just dipped their face into a pile of cocaine.
She may not act like she dipped her face into a pile of cocaine, but it seems to be the looks she’s going for.
:rofl:

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

PearlescentPink wrote:
I would bet all those dream places are northern and cloudy. Our precious pale princess would never risk getting a tan in a more sunny locale.

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

PearlescentPink wrote:
gakawak wrote:
loudinhere wrote:

There is something so sad about this to me. Like she's trying to live that #GOALS blogger life, but it just sound so lonely to me. What's she going to do? Move overseas and live all alone, doing the same work all by herself day after day, eating in restaurants alone, seeing movies alone (until she finds some people that take her on as a buddy). Living somewhere is different than visiting, where it doesn't matter if you're alone for a day or two when you'll be gone in a week. It's also easier to meet and hang out with people when they don't have a commitment of hanging out with you 6 months from now. Maybe that's a very pessimistic view, but from a day-to-day perspective I can't help but think she'd be mostly on her own the majority of the time.

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

soundofsilence wrote:
PearlescentPink wrote:
gakawak wrote:
loudinhere wrote:

There is something so sad about this to me. Like she's trying to live that #GOALS blogger life, but it just sound so lonely to me. What's she going to do? Move overseas and live all alone, doing the same work all by herself day after day, eating in restaurants alone, seeing movies alone (until she finds some people that take her on as a buddy). Living somewhere is different than visiting, where it doesn't matter if you're alone for a day or two when you'll be gone in a week. It's also easier to meet and hang out with people when they don't have a commitment of hanging out with you 6 months from now. Maybe that's a very pessimistic view, but from a day-to-day perspective I can't help but think she'd be mostly on her own the majority of the time.
In her Sephora haul, she talked about that perfume she bought, saying that it is the kind of scent that all the reviewers say it’s the kind of scent people ask about. Notice she did not say “it’s the kind of scent I get asked about,” even though she said she had a sample and wore it all the time. Methinks somebody does not spend enough time around other people for them to even notice a fragrance.

GaroMaster
Learner
Learner

Post by GaroMaster »

I believe someone mentioned a while back, when Taylor announced she was finally going on Accutane, that as soon as her skin starts drying out it'll be all she talks about, and lo and behold it is just as was predicted. She just can't help reminding us how delicate and precious her dry skin is now. All this time she had to make sure we all remembered she had acne, combination, ultra pale skin, now we need to make sure to remember she's got dry (but still acne riddled, for now), ultra pale skin.

I rolled my eyes at her talking about the Tarte concealer in tonight's video and how any concealer she wears lately makes her look ten years older because of her dry undereyes. (Guess she doesn't think the mask she cakes onto her face is what's making her look ten years older.) And in her Sephora/Ulta haul, making sure to mention that the skincare products she got are to combat her now SO dry skin.

And again, she has multiple eyeshadow palettes in tonight's video and what does she use them for? Highlighter. Like, dude, save the fucking palettes for a separate video so you can use them as they were intended to be used, stop trying to cram a handful into one video. It's not only totally unhelpful (because I'm not gonna drop $26 on a fucking EYESHADOW palette so I can use ONE shade as a highlighter), but it feels like she's trying desperately to be creative. "Look guys, did you know you can use eyeshadow as highlighter?" like it's some revolutionary concept she's just pulled out of her ass.

She sounds like a damned idiot every time she exclaims "holy shitzies."

loudinhere
Learner
Learner

Post by loudinhere »

No wonder she still has acne if she's still using a bunch of random luxury skincare products most of which are loaded with fragrance.

I love me some Tatcha like any good basic bitch, but my skin is sensitive and turns out washing it with a cleansing oil and slapping good old Nivea cream on it is what it likes best.

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Well this time she used an eyeshadow palette for contour and bronzer and not the other way around, so that was a nice way to shake the cobwebs out of her weave.

I’m not sure why so may people are having trouble understanding that the larger pans of product in the new Morphe palette are just transition eyeshadows. They are larger because they get used more than any other colour. Everyone who puts them on they face makes some comment about how they are super pigmented. Yeah. Because they’re eyeshadows you fool.

Also, I thought the CYO foundations were all “hella dark” and now she is using them to highlight with and as a light mixer? And again, the shade looks just fine on camera but in person, it looked way too dark!!! Trust the Tender!

The caterpillars that resides on her forehead appear to be on vacation. I hope they enjoy Aruba, because her brows actually looked human in this video (and the last one, in fact it was the first thing I noticed).

Dear Flakie’s Forehead Forest,

We DO NOT wish you were here. Please do not return.

Sincerely,
The Campaign for More Natural Brow-rrito Fam

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

PearlescentPink wrote:The caterpillars that resides on her forehead appear to be on vacation. I hope they enjoy Aruba, because her brows actually looked human in this video (and the last one, in fact it was the first thing I noticed).

Dear Flakie’s Forehead Forest,

We DO NOT wish you were here. Please do not return.

Sincerely,
The Campaign for More Natural Brow-rrito Fam
They looked normal, which was nice. Except she made a comment that they looked "too natural", which she seemed to follow up with "with this dramatic eye look" but let's be real... They looked better. Yet she likes them sharpied on.

I wonder what they look like in real life. I know you tend to have to do makeup a bit darker/heavier to show up on camera, and if that's the case, she just must have two black blocks when the lights aren't on.

Return to “ThaTaylaa / Taylor Wynn”