simply_kenna/McKenna Kaelin (Part 2)

iste
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: simply_kenna/McKenna Kaelin (Part 2)

Post by iste »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
kofi wrote:
iste wrote:Sorry for the double post!!

But I just saw her newest instagram picture, where she mentions that she has started to do Salchows?? Wha- kenna please. You´re not some naturally talented ice skater that´s going to be able to naturally do the salchow flawlessly. It´s dangerous, and many ice skaters have to practise a lot before attempting something like that.
OMFG she's so desperate
Well, she still thinks that comment her coach made about her being able to compete in the Olympics if she'd continue practicing like this was meant in a serious way. What self respecting 21 year old (or whatever age she is) that just started ice skating actually truly believes it when someone says something like that in a joking manner?! It's not very realistic and she should know that, were it not for the immaturely exaggerated amount of confidence she has in her own skills. It's like she's still one of those 7 year olds that genuinely believe they'll be a superhero when they grow up.
Exactly! I also don´t think Kenna has a long enough attention span to focus on just one sport like that? Especially a sport that needs such high dedication to be an elite competitive dancer/artist/skater (whatever you prefer calling it). It is very unfortunate that her drive for this newfound "passion" Is the anime Yuri!!! on Ice, which I doubt will get her very far.
<3

awkwardmoan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by awkwardmoan »

Apparently this Namjoon person is or has been problematic, and people are pissed at Kenna. These are her replies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iste
Learner
Learner

Post by iste »

awkwardmoan wrote:Apparently this Namjoon person is or has been problematic, and people are pissed at Kenna. These are her replies.
Well actually- I used to be a BTS fan/ARMY, and I can confirm that she isn't in the wrong when it comes to liking namjoon. He has actually apologized and it is important to know that he is from South Korea. This doesn't justify his actions, but racism isn't talked about as much in that country according to many Koreans, so I wouldn't necessarily blame Kenna for liking Namjoon, because plenty of people do. I hope i didn't seem too defensive !
<3

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

Kenna had to comment on both Ig and twitter that shes more problematic than Namjoon, which I can agree to and disagree to. Kenna uses ethnic and ableist slurs frequently, she supports companies that use ethnic slurs, and she buys products that arent appropriate and uses sacred symbols of religions that arent hers. She disrespects Buddha by using just head statues, rather than full body statues. She sides with abusive actors. She constantly harasses people for not worshipping her. And thats only some of the things. Namjoon uses racial slang that doesnt pertain to his background. He appropriates AAVE culture, and BTS also has quite a lot of misogynistic lyrics. Their company has apologised, but the boys individually have not. I dont know if hes done anything else, as Im not a big fan of Kpop. But its predictable that now she will admit to being problematic just so she can justify liking some guy.

iste
Learner
Learner

Post by iste »

ardendays wrote:Kenna had to comment on both Ig and twitter that shes more problematic than Namjoon, which I can agree to and disagree to. Kenna uses ethnic and ableist slurs frequently, she supports companies that use ethnic slurs, and she buys products that arent appropriate and uses sacred symbols of religions that arent hers. She disrespects Buddha by using just head statues, rather than full body statues. She sides with abusive actors. She constantly harasses people for not worshipping her. And thats only some of the things. Namjoon uses racial slang that doesnt pertain to his background. He appropriates AAVE culture, and BTS also has quite a lot of misogynistic lyrics. Their company has apologised, but the boys individually have not. I dont know if hes done anything else, as Im not a big fan of Kpop. But its predictable that now she will admit to being problematic just so she can justify liking some guy.
I do find it kinda rude how she's using someone else's problematic past to justify her own though.
<3

mushro0m
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mushro0m »

I literally don't understand this girl and her work ethic.
I can't remember if it was in her tatoo video or if it was on a recent iG story, but she said that she had made the decision to start an uploading schedule, and these were her two decisions:
1. Upload day would be fridays,
2. It wouldn't be at crazy hours of the night like she used to, but at a decent hour (like the afternoon, or the evening tops).

So I woke up this Saturday morning (I'm from Europe) and she hadn't uploaded anything, like she said she would. It is now Saturday 2pm where I live, and there's still no upload, but that's normal because it's 5am in California at this time. So another friday came and went, and she can't keep her own promises not even on the very same week she made them. She has no work ethics, and if she can't handle youtube as a job, she should get a regular job and do youtube on the side. I'm not surprised that she's a complete flake, since she's been like this for a year now, but I am kinda surprised that she didn't even make it to the first friday of her plan/decision/promise.

Am I missing something? Am I blind and can't see any new vid because I'm missing something? I'm confused by her behavior to a degree. It's strange because I'm not surprised, but at the same time I am... I think it's because I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she posted that footage of her decision, and a part of me trusted that she would follow through (another part of me was skeptical). I just can't with this girl.

flowergrrrl
Learner
Learner

Post by flowergrrrl »

the linework on 99% of her tattoos is awful. all the text is too small for the size of the needle used. the words are illegible and her artist should know better.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

flowergrrrl wrote:the linework on 99% of her tattoos is awful. all the text is too small for the size of the needle used. the words are illegible and her artist should know better.
I'm so glad you said this. They look raised too like she's allergic to the ink or something. None of my tattoos look like that. And I agree that no tattoo artist would tattoo text that small with a needle that thick. In a few years they'll probably be illegible.

Zenasty
Learner
Learner

Post by Zenasty »

I remember in one of her tattoo videos she spoke about price and her tattoos generally seemed to cost something like $40-$60. I think she's so desperate for her hipster tattoos that she chooses the tattoo parlour/artist by who's the cheapest without thinking about why they're so cheap...

Post by Guest »

Hmmm does anyone actually believe that her typewriter was broken and that's why she couldn't use an apostrophe? More like Kenna's lack of education/lack of thought...

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

I agree with all the above statements. The words are too thick and too small to be legible. The poem itself was terrible. And the overall look of her tattoos are cringe inducing. I do believe that the apostrophe thing could be true. I used to have a typewriter growing up (Im not that old, lmao, my dad was just an antique collector) and if I didnt get it cleaned every so often, the keys would stick. Its totally plausible, but knowing her, it could also be for "aesthetic". She definitely only cares about spending the least amount of money too. She doesnt want to spend a lot of money on something with quality when she can buy something off amazon, so its clear shes the same throughout the rest of her steps in life.

Also why does Kenna keep saying fall is her favourite season because for so long she tried to market herself as a springtime fairy???? Also, she never reads. Like, never reads. Shes even said that herself. So why did she get a book quote from Ray Bradbury? Just seems weird. Something Wicked This Way Comes is a second book in the Green Town series. Dandelion Wine is the first book of the series, and there are four books total. Kennas never once mentioned it. I swear she just typed in "autumn quotes" because it shows up on the first page of googling it. The books in the series arent directly related to each other, but it still makes sense to read them in order. I doubt Kenna would have read two of those books. Ray has a very intense writing style that can lure you in, but the heavy words and descriptive nature usually turn off most people. Thats why most people only know his Fahrenheit 451. Just seems so weird to me that she would enjoy that. She doesnt seem smart enough to understand it. No offence to Maggie Stievater, but her books are really easy to read. Theyre middle school level, so its not too difficult for Kenna, but Ray is high school/ college skill. Most people can read those types of books, but cannot comprehend everything.

iste
Learner
Learner

Post by iste »

ardendays wrote:I agree with all the above statements. The words are too thick and too small to be legible. The poem itself was terrible. And the overall look of her tattoos are cringe inducing. I do believe that the apostrophe thing could be true. I used to have a typewriter growing up (Im not that old, lmao, my dad was just an antique collector) and if I didnt get it cleaned every so often, the keys would stick. Its totally plausible, but knowing her, it could also be for "aesthetic". She definitely only cares about spending the least amount of money too. She doesnt want to spend a lot of money on something with quality when she can buy something off amazon, so its clear shes the same throughout the rest of her steps in life.

Also why does Kenna keep saying fall is her favourite season because for so long she tried to market herself as a springtime fairy???? Also, she never reads. Like, never reads. Shes even said that herself. So why did she get a book quote from Ray Bradbury? Just seems weird. Something Wicked This Way Comes is a second book in the Green Town series. Dandelion Wine is the first book of the series, and there are four books total. Kennas never once mentioned it. I swear she just typed in "autumn quotes" because it shows up on the first page of googling it. The books in the series arent directly related to each other, but it still makes sense to read them in order. I doubt Kenna would have read two of those books. Ray has a very intense writing style that can lure you in, but the heavy words and descriptive nature usually turn off most people. Thats why most people only know his Fahrenheit 451. Just seems so weird to me that she would enjoy that. She doesnt seem smart enough to understand it. No offence to Maggie Stievater, but her books are really easy to read. Theyre middle school level, so its not too difficult for Kenna, but Ray is high school/ college skill. Most people can read those types of books, but cannot comprehend everything.
I find it just terrible how Kenna has been attacking that poor girl Lunestelle for "copying" her, yet if you ask me it kinda seems like Kenna is copying Lunestelle now with the whole pink spring pixie/fairy theme.
I also agree with the whole literature thing. I mean, the only time she even remotely showed an interest in books was Harry Potter. And now she got a tattoo based on her "love" for literature? Did she just change her personality or?...
<3

sugakookiejj
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sugakookiejj »

I used to love Kenna. But as time went on she seemed more bitter and rude to people and her thoughts on things started to get more and more offensive. I wish she would stop trying to act like she is so unique and get offended when people are similar to her in their "aesthetic". Like search on pinterest and i promise you that you will find millions of photos of diys and things that she most likely got her "aesthetic from". Also I was able to ignore all of this but when she joined the BTS bandwagon, i was done. i unfollowed her everywhere and unsubscribed bc i did not want to see the KPOP Q&A pop up on my subscription list. She literally has only known about BTS for like what 2 days and she's obsessed and has a bias? She barely knows them and she's only watched the MVs and the Dance practices. Also kind of suspicous she likes them only after they win the BBMAs and becomes a lot more popular. She posted on twitter "Send me all the BTS memes" and I literally cringed so hard. This person replied with a meme captioned "me reading your cringey tweets" and she responded "first of all fuck off". Ugh nowadays I feel like shes trying to keep up with trends.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Whew her tattoos are awful! Such creative ideas executed by poor artists.. The line work on a lot of them is sloppy. majority of those quotes/script texts won't be legible in a few years, which is a shame because the her oldest tattoo is only 5 years old. I went back to her old tattoo videos and most of the designs have lost their details because they've bled together (ex the roses on the antler tattoos are basically black dots now, mushed up lettering, etc). She's going to have little blobs all over her body or have to cover most of them up which is a shame. She's mentioned in older videos how the ink used wasn't necessarily black or how some tattoos came out wonky so why did she keep going back or paying for cheap tattoos? She has the money. She COMES from money? Is she really that cheap or is she so desperate to be #relatable that she'd willingly risk getting poorly done permanent art.

Post by Guest »

Oh god on her instagram she posted a picture of her and Orion Carloto- looks like they're making a video together. I don't know if I can take that much vapid self-absorption in one video :(

lizardkebabs
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lizardkebabs »

Sprezza wrote:Oh god on her instagram she posted a picture of her and Orion Carloto- looks like they're making a video together. I don't know if I can take that much vapid self-absorption in one video :(
they went to disney :roll:
[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

lizardkebabs wrote:
Sprezza wrote:Oh god on her instagram she posted a picture of her and Orion Carloto- looks like they're making a video together. I don't know if I can take that much vapid self-absorption in one video :(
they went to disney :roll:
[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Kennas been commenting on her videos for ages. Dont think Orion has noticed her until lately. And Orion is a big fan of Dodie as well. Oh god. What if Dodie, Orion, and Kenna all become best pals? Its like the evil trifecta of self absorbed faux intelligence culturally insensitive narcissists. And Kenna standing next to Orion makes Kenna look sooooo pasty. Shes already pretty pasty, but even worse next to Orion. I cant wait for stupid videos of them vlogging at Disney or having coffee together and talking philosophy or shit. Blergh. :barf: :barf: :barf:

kdlraa
Learner
Learner

Post by kdlraa »

Kenna and Orion in one video together will literally be the worst type of internet hipster narcissism to be on display. Also next to Orion, Kenna looks even more like a child. Pretty sure they are around the same age.

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

kdlraa wrote:Kenna and Orion in one video together will literally be the worst type of internet hipster narcissism to be on display. Also next to Orion, Kenna looks even more like a child. Pretty sure they are around the same age.
Actually Orion is younger than her. Shes 20 and Kenna is 21. Orion seems to have a mature air about her, but thats only due to her aesthetic, its not actually how she acts outside of her social media.

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

they kept referring to each other as their 'aesthetic soul mate' and kenna said she's hanging with the 'aesthetic queen' orion like how fucking sad must it be to have a friendship based on someones instagram theme

Return to “P-T”