Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: sharonmakeupartist/Sharon Farrell

Post by gurugossip11 »

wildxfox wrote:
Paint_me_bitch wrote:
wildxfox wrote:
Paint_me_bitch wrote:She looks so much younger on the 20s side of the face as opposed to her 30s side. I don't know how she can't see that!
I totally disagree. She would look ridiculous wearing the 20s side of make up every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not for every day but her eyes look bigger & her skin looks brighter & fresher on the 20's side.
Her skin looked cakey and about 10 times worse on the 20s side. She looked significantly better on the 30s side. No one actually looks good with 736282926262 layers of make up on.

The video concept was a good idea. Hopefully it’s the start of some better content because she has been stale AF lately. I’m so bored of foundation reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually really impressed with the video concept. It's something I could see taking off with YouTubers her age.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Funny how all Karima, Michelle and Sharon all uploaded a new video and all of them sponsored. :roll:

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Did anyone catch her Facebook post about not doing Vlogmas this year due to negative comments?

I do respect someone's right to their privacy and not everyone is comfortable blasting their personal life on the Internet for everyone to see and comment on, but I am a little bit surprised because I was fairly certain that the comments under her videos have always been benign. There's always gonna be some critical comment here and there but isn't that part of having an Internet presence anyways? She surely doesn't get evil comments nearly as much as other vloggers do. I have this feeling that Sharon has a low self-esteem and not much confidence to deal with all of that. If you don't even have the backbone to put up a cooking video and deal with a couple of naysayers, then what are you doing on Youtube?
XOXO

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

^ She's written even the positive ones bother her, though. I mean, don't promise as if you're a child all the time and set up expectations and fail to accomplish them then Sharon. No one wanted you to vlog, or diversify your content, you promised it! Well, and then failed hard. I believe her watchers are among the best, like sometimes people want certain videos and mostly they write positive feedback. Even the ones that aren't happy with something it is fewer than it could potentially be. Like what do you want? Even I myself who are by no means internet guru get negative comments on my social media sometimes, that's ok.

I don't care if Sharon does vlogmas or anything, I wish she could only stop complaining about youtubing all the time! Good God, this woman is full of negativity and insecurities.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

betylistic wrote:^ She's written even the positive ones bother her, though. I mean, don't promise as if you're a child all the time and set up expectations and fail to accomplish them then Sharon. No one wanted you to vlog, or diversify your content, you promised it! Well, and then failed hard. I believe her watchers are among the best, like sometimes people want certain videos and mostly they write positive feedback. Even the ones that aren't happy with something it is fewer than it could potentially be. Like what do you want? Even I myself who are by no means internet guru get negative comments on my social media sometimes, that's ok.

I don't care if Sharon does vlogmas or anything, I wish she could only stop complaining about youtubing all the time! Good God, this woman is full of negativity and insecurities.
Exactly! She made that big dramatic video at the beginning of the year and then brought it up again mid year.

Maybe she has changed her mind about sharing her personal life, as there's also Paul she needs to think about. A quick Google search of his name and you can find where he works.

Putting yourself online, means that you expose yourself to any comments. Not everyone is going to like you. But even in real life jobs, you have performance reviews and you may have comments made on your work. It's just the way it goes.

I liked Sharon vlogs. But I guess they don't bring in the money and as a stay at home lazy youtuber you need to make sponsored videos to maintain your lifestyle.

harleenquinzel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by harleenquinzel »

It almost seems like she wants all the benefits of being a youtuber with none of the work/what comes along (positive & negative comments, etc). I wonder if she also doesn't want to do vlogs because she doesn't do much in them? It's like she has a meeting every now and then for some reason, and then complaints about the bus ride, and getting food for dinner.

If you watch her older videos (like, even 2 years ago) compared to now, her energy in them has just gone straight down. She's making her videos less enjoyable when they become more and more sponsored. :(

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

harleenquinzel wrote:It almost seems like she wants all the benefits of being a youtuber with none of the work/what comes along (positive & negative comments, etc). I wonder if she also doesn't want to do vlogs because she doesn't do much in them? It's like she has a meeting every now and then for some reason, and then complaints about the bus ride, and getting food for dinner.

If you watch her older videos (like, even 2 years ago) compared to now, her energy in them has just gone straight down. She's making her videos less enjoyable when they become more and more sponsored. :(
I've noticed that with a lot of full time youtubers, they really don't do that much, as they have no real need to leave the house as they don't have a job to go. I imagine those meetings are more so to collect parcels that have been sent to that office

Sharon said she had some crazy person try and befriend her online. Can't her management handle that? Or are they only there to get sponsors?

bettesez
Learner
Learner

Post by bettesez »

I just found out she isn't doing Vlogmas - her vlogs are all that I really enjoy of her content in the past year, so I might unsub (but then I literally have barely any channels left because I keep unsubbing and can't find any new ones!). I genuinely enjoyed her vlogs, what a shame.

Side note: I had to google what 'dox' meant, seriously that is LOW. I hope thats something you can report to the police, what sort of unhinged person would do that?? I feel sorry for her, no one deserves that.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

bettesez wrote:
Side note: I had to google what 'dox' meant, seriously that is LOW. I hope thats something you can report to the police, what sort of unhinged person would do that?? I feel sorry for her, no one deserves that.
I went back to read the comments on Facebook and Sharon replied to a comment saying that the person lived in the same area as her and had a good idea of her address

That got me thinking and it is very scary. But also a reminder maybe in future not to film so much around your street as Sharon did do that and for anyone who knows the area, it wouldn't take much to figure out an address

Saying that, it's not to threaten anyone and hopefully it was reported to the police or if Max Connectors helped her out with what to do.

dcwalsh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dcwalsh »

Sometimes Sharon does giveaways's (like maybe once a year! But then never announces who won the giveaway........ Seems shady. I bet she never picks a winner!

bettesez
Learner
Learner

Post by bettesez »

New video, new rant about how subscribers are calling her bitchy etc. FFS, I almost turned it off but my fat ass was already planted and dammit, I wanted to watch a video!

She's telling off her subscribers, basically. She's getting worse, wonder how long she will last on youtube?

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

bettesez wrote:New video, new rant about how subscribers are calling her bitchy etc. FFS, I almost turned it off but my fat ass was already planted and dammit, I wanted to watch a video!

She's telling off her subscribers, basically. She's getting worse, wonder how long she will last on youtube?
I had to go and watch it. She's so patronising!

I used to like Sharon, but she's letting every negative comment get to her

These fulltime youtubers really do lose touch with the real world!

I wonder if she's still working on the makeup course?

harleenquinzel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by harleenquinzel »

snap2it wrote:
bettesez wrote:New video, new rant about how subscribers are calling her bitchy etc. FFS, I almost turned it off but my fat ass was already planted and dammit, I wanted to watch a video!

She had a tweet about the whole same thing she ranted on about from late November. Not liking a product doesn't make you bitchy, Sharon, it's talking down to your viewers and being defensive over makeup that does. Her tweet mentioned how if she liked a product she was being sponsored....well, can you blame people for coming to that conclusion? Most of her content from the year has been sponsored, so the jump in logic is not big.

I totally agree on her letting the negative comments get to her - and it saddens me because I still get excited to see her inconsistent videos pop up. Except when they're sponsored, that sours me a bit. :(

You mean working on the course the same way she was working on changing her videos for the year?? Or the new blog which hasn't been updated in almost two months? I feel like when she regularly vlogged she had a better schedule for everything.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

harleenquinzel wrote:
snap2it wrote:

She had a tweet about the whole same thing she ranted on about from late November. Not liking a product doesn't make you bitchy, Sharon, it's talking down to your viewers and being defensive over makeup that does. Her tweet mentioned how if she liked a product she was being sponsored....well, can you blame people for coming to that conclusion? Most of her content from the year has been sponsored, so the jump in logic is not big.

I totally agree on her letting the negative comments get to her - and it saddens me because I still get excited to see her inconsistent videos pop up. Except when they're sponsored, that sours me a bit. :(

You mean working on the course the same way she was working on changing her videos for the year?? Or the new blog which hasn't been updated in almost two months? I feel like when she regularly vlogged she had a better schedule for everything.
I haven't checked her blog in ages. In true Sharon style, she made a big deal about launching her blog and now she's done nothing

Her latest video is of course sponsored.

Post by Guest »

snap2it wrote:
harleenquinzel wrote:
snap2it wrote:

I haven't checked her blog in ages. In true Sharon style, she made a big deal about launching her blog and now she's done nothing

Her latest video is of course sponsored.
Her blog hasn't been updated since October. What a lazy cow.

fghtffyrdmns
Debater
Debater

Post by fghtffyrdmns »

I've been a loyal fan of Sharon's for years now and I am so close to unsubbing and unfollowing. I have been so disappointed with her lack of content, creativity, passion and communication. She seems to just totally disappear for weeks on end now with no explanation. When she does upload a video it's another foundation first impressions... i've seen enough of those, Sharon!

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

fghtffyrdmns wrote:I've been a loyal fan of Sharon's for years now and I am so close to unsubbing and unfollowing. I have been so disappointed with her lack of content, creativity, passion and communication. She seems to just totally disappear for weeks on end now with no explanation. When she does upload a video it's another foundation first impressions... i've seen enough of those, Sharon!
Totally agree. Or the next video she uploads is sponsored

Wonder how that online makeup course is going?

I think Sharon may of deleted that video she did when she said she was going to change us her channel as she was sick of makeup.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Sharon's pregnant. Baby due in June.

gurugossip11
Debater
Debater

Post by gurugossip11 »

snap2it wrote:Sharon's pregnant. Baby due in June.
Wow, I guess that is what happens when you get bored as YouTuber lol

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

gurugossip11 wrote:
snap2it wrote:Sharon's pregnant. Baby due in June.
Wow, I guess that is what happens when you get bored as YouTuber lol
:rofl:

I wonder if they are going to return to Ireland. They are here for Paul's work. But I guess having a baby is another way for Sharon to secure staying at home.

Return to “P-T”