The Anna Edit / ViviannaDoesNothingInHerDressingGown Part 4

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Anna Edit / ViviannaDoesNothingInHerDressingGown Par

Post by Blair Gilbert »

Drinkswithfifi wrote:I have to say I really admire Anna's confidence. She seems to be comfortable with herself, her choices and happy to wear whatever she wants etc. She might try to be self-deprecating to a certain extent but I've never heard her say anything really negative about herself. Watching that old video back she could have said something about how imperfect her teeth used to be or about her jaw/lisp but she doesn't. As someone who picks themselves apart endlessly and is always the first to point out my own flaws it's nice to see.
You must be joking?!
She wears the understated make up and clothes cause she's not the most confident person in her own body and doesnt wanna draw any attention to herself!
Also why would she talk about her lip back then when its the same now? Nothing new to add to that theme.
And she trashed the make up she used to wear in 2011! Even though she looked healthier and happier!

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

Idk ... I'd be pretty cringe looking back at myself in college lol

lauder
Talker
Talker

Post by lauder »

The constant jumping back and forward between the 2011 video and present really highlights how old she looks :?

Buttons
Learner
Learner

Post by Buttons »

Why on earth is she thinking of putting together a newsletter of productivity tips? She has done multiple videos and posts about this already. I can't imagine that she'd have anything new to add. :roll:

Lechat
Informer
Informer

Post by Lechat »

Re the newsletter I had the same thoughts. She doesn't strike me as the most productive person so not sure I'd want her tips. Also all the bloggers are doing this newsletter stuff, inthefrow does one too for example

amd2319
Learner
Learner

Post by amd2319 »

Lechat wrote:Re the newsletter I had the same thoughts. She doesn't strike me as the most productive person so not sure I'd want her tips. Also all the bloggers are doing this newsletter stuff, inthefrow does one too for example
Bitch has nothing to do all day. It's not like she can give us ANYMORE tips about being productive/organised.

September 2017 newsletter
"Tips & tricks! How to go more than 5 days without washing your hair! No dry shampoo needed!"

Riveting

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

oh my GODDDDDD another video about her book shelf. Same old shit, different day. Let's play Bullshit Book Bingo! Marie Kondo! Check. Tina Fey? Check. Aziz Ansari? Check. Mindy Kaling? Check. Amy Poehler? Check.
Try some fiction Anna, it won't bloody kill you.

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

Hang on, I got sucked into clicking a link on her Twitter feed about an old video! Still, I totally still think reading a novel might do her some good.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

I actually think she was a lot prettier in her old video, and not because she was younger, but the longer hair was cute and even the eyebrows, I actually think they were better than the big bushy slugs she's got now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokingmylegbeard
Talker
Talker

Post by strokingmylegbeard »

Emily Fox has been doing these types of videos for a while now, instead of monthly favorites, she'll go back and watch an old faves video and comment on whether or not she still loves the product etc.

Anna's video was like that "can i copy your homework" meme.

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

I lurk more than I post here. But I was over on the BeautyGuruChatter subreddit and decided to post on a topic "What BG do you think never changes up their looks?". I mentioned Anna saying that she was more interesting in 2012-2013 but now she's so stale.

I got the reply:

"The Anna Edit isn't really about makeup creativity -- I think she is about finding what is comfortable for you, which I love. Her minimalism is refreshing. She's not going the whole "festival makeup" or "makeup you will never ever wear" route"

Is she on reddit? LOL.

HeyFilleHey
Learner
Learner

Post by HeyFilleHey »

Wait ? Minimalism ? Just because you have adopted the konmari method, wear white t-shirts and jeans, it doesn't make you a minimalist. While I think she is a responsible consumer, I also feel that she is mixing up greasy hair, red eyes and bushy brows with minimalism.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

Sigh. I cannot take someone seriously who both says she loves winter clothing and layers, and talks about sweat patches all the time, who then goes on to recommend £250 silk shirts.

youtubeisnotajob
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubeisnotajob »

potnoodlegirl wrote:"The Anna Edit isn't really about makeup creativity -- I think she is about finding what is comfortable for you, which I love. Her minimalism is refreshing. She's not going the whole "festival makeup" or "makeup you will never ever wear" route"
You can tell all of her advice and suggestions nowadays - whistles, reiss, £250 silk shirts - are just the lovely luxuries she can now surround herself with, and not actual useful or value for money products that her viewing and their consumer habits can match, her recommendations are just patting herself on the back for being able to say she owns 7 £80 plain t-shirts, imo.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

youtubeisnotajob wrote:
potnoodlegirl wrote:"The Anna Edit isn't really about makeup creativity -- I think she is about finding what is comfortable for you, which I love. Her minimalism is refreshing. She's not going the whole "festival makeup" or "makeup you will never ever wear" route"
You can tell all of her advice and suggestions nowadays - whistles, reiss, £250 silk shirts - are just the lovely luxuries she can now surround herself with, and not actual useful or value for money products that her viewing and their consumer habits can match, her recommendations are just patting herself on the back for being able to say she owns 7 £80 plain t-shirts, imo.
Exactly. It's simply a different kind of consumerism, she gets addicted to the idea of buying in just a different way. She's certainly had a good number of high priced purchases in just the last year for a 'minimalist'.

Also I do NOT deny that there is wisdom in slowing down your spending in favour of "investing" in high quality, classic items that will last... but these girls seem to suggest that an H&M blouse will disintegrate after one year of wear, lol. Again, yes, higher value exists (I personally haven't bought anything from H&M in a long while and can't see myself doing it anytime soon) and I believe in ethical shopping, but plenty of people manage to make lost-cost items last through years of wear.

IMO the problem with a lot of the fast shopping mindset is going into stores and just flipping through some sales and picking out a couple "cute" things that you don't really need but they're "cute" so you have to have it... before you know it you've got a closet full of random items you only half like, that you want to get rid of by next season. Anna is definitely buying LESS than her counterparts, but she also seems to think the antidote also mainly lies in just spending MORE on a single item... because that is somehow "investment".

But I find spending literally thousands on a purse just because it's 'designer' to be just as abhorrent and wasteful. To me, that's not a girl who genuinely wants to spend less money on material goods... that's just someone who likes the aesthetics of the "minimalism" idea.

You see it with her Glossier obsession... she loves the idea of Glossier and the cool girl look of it, so she pours her money into items before even testing them and goes back and keeps buying more that she doesn't need. Because she still loves spending, she just directs it into that which she has deemed fit this aesthetic.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

Don't get me wrong, I love fashion as much as anyone, so if I were a blogger who was legitimately able to say my job includes choosing a nice outfit and standing in front of a Brighton townhouse for photos then hell yeah I'd have a massive wardrobe. It'd be one of the things keeping me from going insane from sitting alone in front of my laptop 7 days a week. When you wear the same top, jeans, hairstyle and coat year after year, post after post, surely that takes the fun out of it? Maybe it's just me.

youtubeisnotajob
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubeisnotajob »

Lamour88 wrote:You see it with her Glossier obsession... she loves the idea of Glossier and the cool girl look of it, so she pours her money into items before even testing them and goes back and keeps buying more that she doesn't need. Because she still loves spending, she just directs it into that which she has deemed fit this aesthetic.
This! she spends expensive to be the cool girl and not necessarily because the silk will actually last her 99 years :roll:

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

Lamour88 wrote:Also I do NOT deny that there is wisdom in slowing down your spending in favour of "investing" in high quality, classic items that will last... but these girls seem to suggest that an H&M blouse will disintegrate after one year of wear, lol. Again, yes, higher value exists (I personally haven't bought anything from H&M in a long while and can't see myself doing it anytime soon) and I believe in ethical shopping, but plenty of people manage to make lost-cost items last through years of wear.

IMO the problem with a lot of the fast shopping mindset is going into stores and just flipping through some sales and picking out a couple "cute" things that you don't really need but they're "cute" so you have to have it... before you know it you've got a closet full of random items you only half like, that you want to get rid of by next season. Anna is definitely buying LESS than her counterparts, but she also seems to think the antidote also mainly lies in just spending MORE on a single item... because that is somehow "investment".

But I find spending literally thousands on a purse just because it's 'designer' to be just as abhorrent and wasteful. To me, that's not a girl who genuinely wants to spend less money on material goods... that's just someone who likes the aesthetics of the "minimalism" idea.
Yes girl. I have a pair of H&M jeans for 6 years now. Still look good and still wear them. Imagine the horror if Anna tried to own something like a cheap pair of jeans (and not even mom jeans that weirdly give you a camel toe) for years!!! :o impossible!

Her entire preaching of being a minimalist goes down the drain for me when I see her buying expensive bags every couple of months. It's not an investment if you use it for a season and then get rid of it! Like, what are you doing with it if not selling the item? Gonna wait 20 years and sell a vintage Chloe bag? No one will care then.

And we need to make a petition or something to get this girl to wash everyday and stop talking about sweaty patches! Is she trying to get a botox for her armpits endorsement?

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Has she gained weight?
I'm not trying to be mean, I do like her, but she seems somehow bulkier.
Or is it the mom jeans? :?

Lozisboss
Learner
Learner

Post by Lozisboss »

peanutella wrote:Her vocal fry keeps getting worse.
This!! Almost makes her videos impossible to listen to - it sounds like she constantly needs a drink of water or to clear her throat.

Maybe instead of another silk shirt from Equipment she could see a vocal coach??

Return to “The Anna Edit”