Is it possible for white people to experience racism?

puhleeze
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Is it possible for white people to experience racism?

Post by puhleeze »

No. White people CANNOT experience racism.

As was said in this forum, white people can experience RACE BASED DISCRIMINATION but not racism.

Why this distinction exists, is that for example say a black person repeatedly discriminates against a white person, heck even a whole group of black people, it basically ends there. They are able to move on--apply to a different job, live in a different area, and not experience the same system discrimination of oppression that blacks do. In other words, racism is used to describe the STICKINESS (my word) of race relations in American. In other words, why are black people in all organizations and systems experiencing different outcomes and is larger than individual discrimination.

Same goes for sexism. Women cannot oppress men, but men an experience SEX BASED DISCRIMINATION. Think about it, you could be a woman who hates men and will not hire men, but in the whole life of a man, they will not be held back societally by your or your actions. The next employer is more likely to discriminate against women, than that man you turned down.

The dictionary does not capture the complex experience of race in American hence it is not an accurate metric and is too generic to be used.

Someone can discriminate against you, hurt your feelings, and attack you, but it doesn't explain or capture the fact that if a black person moves to any state in the US for example, statistically their way of life is different. Just because a black people discriminates against a white person, doesn't change their access or their experience of life in America.

Racism requires PREJUDICE AND POWER.
Last edited by puhleeze on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

puhleeze wrote:No. White people CANNOT experience racism.

As was said in this forum, white people can experience RACE BASED DISCRIMINATION but not racism.

Why this distinction exists, is that for example say a black person repeatedly discriminates against a white person, heck even a whole group of black people, it basically ends there. They are able to move on--apply to a different job, live in a different area, and not experience the same system discrimination of oppression that blacks do. In other words, racism is used to describe the STICKINESS (my word) of race relations in American. In other words, why are black people in all organizations and systems experiencing different outcomes and is larger than individual discrimination.

Same goes for sexism. Women cannot oppress men, but men an experience SEX BASED DISCRIMINATION. Think about it, you could be a woman who hates men and will not hire men, but in the whole life of a man, they will not be held back societally by your or your actions. The next employer is more likely to discriminate against women, than that man you turned down.

The dictionary does not capture the complex experience of race in American hence it is not an accurate metric and is too generic to be used.
Lol, you fool. Neither racism nor sexism have a damn thing to do with power dynamics. Of course your kind don't use the dictionary definition. You create a new definition to suit your agenda.

puhleeze
Learner
Learner

Post by puhleeze »

LOL, I just edited my post, before you posted that racism and sexism has to do with power. It precisely does.

puhleeze
Learner
Learner

Post by puhleeze »

fihe wrote:

Lol, you fool. Neither racism nor sexism have a damn thing to do with power dynamics. Of course your kind don't use the dictionary definition. You create a new definition to suit your agenda.
Haha, I was just about to post this too. "Your kind" totally reminds me of the type of white person who would say this below.
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 12.48.59 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

puhleeze wrote:
fihe wrote:

Haha, I was just about to post this too. "Your kind" totally reminds me of the type of white person who would say this below.
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 12.48.59 AM.png
I see you posted something from Tumblr, the cesspool of social justice whiners. That speaks volumes about your credibility.

Keep crying about your fake oppression and eternal victimhood.

puhleeze
Learner
Learner

Post by puhleeze »

It hardly makes sense why whites want to be oppressed so much. You crazy as hell "fihe". And mad too..

Your kind is strange...

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

puhleeze wrote:It hardly makes sense why whites want to be oppressed so much. You crazy as hell "fihe". And mad too..

Your kind is strange...
It would be strange for someone to want to be oppressed, but the SJW Tumblr crowd sure wants to be. I guess they're looking for sympathy, but they sure as hell aren't getting it from me.

5thGem
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by 5thGem »

Xenophobia exists - but does your definition of racism mainly cover skin colour? I think that xenophobia is not so much an American problem so I understand if American posters don't think about it and mainly focus on skin. I think that ultimately, it depends on your personal circumstances and place or culture you are living in. If the majority of people are white, there is likely to be racism against other coloured people. If you live somewhere that's very rooted in black culture and you're white, you may feel negative attitudes too. If you live anywhere where you are considered as a stranger to their culture, you can experience 'racism'. Anyone can experience racism, in my opinion (but I like hearing about other peoples' views - it's interesting that some of you say reverse racism doesn't exist and I would like to look into that further if anyone has any bg info?) :geek:

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

As a white person I concisely say no, racism against white people does not exist and I'll leave it at that.
☕️

Viri
Learner
Learner

Post by Viri »

I'll just leave this here for all the people saying that you cannot experience racism if you have white skin: http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/ ... 22c06d6476

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Viri wrote:I'll just leave this here for all the people saying that you cannot experience racism if you have white skin: http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/ ... 22c06d6476
Shh, it doesn't fit the narrative.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

orange glow
Learner
Learner

Post by orange glow »

I am quite amazed that people here even dare to claim that certain races cannot experience racism. The true meaning of racism is making a separation, any separation, on basis of someone's skin color. So saying white people can't experience racism is by the very definition a racist statement. You exclude white people from something on the basis of their skin color.

You can't take a word and put your own definition on it so that it fits what ever agenda you have. This whole rhetoric of "white people are guilty simply because we are born white and our forefathers have done bad things to other races", is perhaps the biggest racist bullshit I have ever heard in my life. I have never enslaved, mistreated or hurt someone on the basis of their race. So I take no responsibility for the action's of people who were here before me. I certainly have no guilt about it either, I wasn't involved with it, period.

Besides all races have at some point in history had slaves, captives, they all conquered and divided. It's human nature. Get real and stop using these stupid black, white, racism words. Judge a person by their actions, their actions not the actions of their forefathers or the suffering their forefathers endured.

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner

Post by to-ash-i-return »

Racism is based on systematic oppression and white people have never been oppressed. I find it hard to believe the race responsible for segregating Africa and implementing Jim Crow Laws there can experience racism. Racism carries death with it and no one in history has ever been outright murdered just for being white and it sure as hell was never a regular occurrence. You can’t be racist against white people when white people invented racism. Nice try tho. White people really wanna fucking try it after enslaving African Americans, slaughtering the Natives and calling it manifest destiny and imperialising half the fucking world. My dad always says that the white person complaining about racism and claiming it doesn’t exist or you can be racist towards white people is a racist.

You can’t be racist towards white folk and Id like to see facts and sources on instances where you can be.

I want to see an equivalent term of the N word for white people and the equivalent of being kidnapped and enslavement of over 200 years. I want to see an instance where you’re considered only 3/4’s of a human being. I want to see a movement dedicated to earning your basic human rights after having the stripped and left in chains, I want to hear about a white Trayvon Martin, I want to know the name of the movement dedicated to ridding the world of you and lynching you, I want to hear about the subtle racism you face in you daily life like your name being “too ghetto.” or being told your name sounds “too black”. I want to hear about a time when you were in your home country speaking English and a Latino told you to speak spanish here. I want to hear about racism affecting your everyday life because racism exists in every aspect of every day life. Good luck.

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

to-ash-i-return wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Racism is based on systematic oppression and white people have never been oppressed.
It's not. That's not the definition of racism
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I find it hard to believe the race responsible for segregating Africa and implementing Jim Crow Laws there can experience racism.
White people don't only come from America/Europe
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Racism carries death with it and no one in history has ever been outright murdered just for being white and it sure as hell was never a regular occurrence.
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
You can’t be racist against white people when white people invented racism.
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Nice try tho. White people really wanna fucking try it after enslaving African Americans, slaughtering the Natives and calling it manifest destiny and imperialising half the fucking world.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
You can’t be racist towards white folk and Id like to see facts and sources on instances where you can be.
you can't demand facts and sources and provide none of your own besides your dad and emotionally charged language
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to see an equivalent term of the N word for white people and the equivalent of being kidnapped and enslavement of over 200 years.
See: Jewish people and the "K" word.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to see an instance where you’re considered only 3/4’s of a human being. I want to see a movement dedicated to earning your basic human rights after having the stripped and left in chains,
White people have been enslaved as another user mentioned. It's literally on the first page
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to hear about a white Trayvon Martin,
Trayvon Martin was pounding someone's skull into the pavement when a police officer shot him. and are you suggesting police don't shoot white people?
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to hear about a time when you were in your home country speaking English and a Latino told you to speak spanish here.
Not all white people are from America/Europe. It is possible for a white person to have a home country that isn't America and speak a language that isn't English.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

to-ash-i-return wrote:
Racism is based on systematic oppression and white people have never been oppressed. I find it hard to believe the race responsible for segregating Africa and implementing Jim Crow Laws there can experience racism. Racism carries death with it and no one in history has ever been outright murdered just for being white and it sure as hell was never a regular occurrence. You can’t be racist against white people when white people invented racism. Nice try tho. White people really wanna fucking try it after enslaving African Americans, slaughtering the Natives and calling it manifest destiny and imperialising half the fucking world. My dad always says that the white person complaining about racism and claiming it doesn’t exist or you can be racist towards white people is a racist.

I want to see an equivalent term of the N word for white people and the equivalent of being kidnapped and enslavement of over 200 years. I want to see an instance where you’re considered only 3/4’s of a human being. I want to see a movement dedicated to earning your basic human rights after having the stripped and left in chains, I want to hear about a white Trayvon Martin, I want to know the name of the movement dedicated to ridding the world of you and lynching you, I want to hear about the subtle racism you face in you daily life like your name being “too ghetto.” or being told your name sounds “too black”. I want to hear about a time when you were in your home country speaking English and a Latino told you to speak spanish here. I want to hear about racism affecting your everyday life because racism exists in every aspect of every day life. Good luck.
This is a joke, right? Look at what's happening to white people in South Africa, murders and land expropriation, people who did not enforce apartheid policies. Also, no one "invented" racism. It's human nature. As for the last part of your statement, it's called assimilation and has nothing to do with race.

It sounds like your dad has passed down a lot of his anger to you. Why be angry at someone for who they are if they are not personally responsible for hurting someone? People are individuals and not groups.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

Anyone can experience racism. In Western culture, however, white people don't experience the societal prejudice that is tied to it.

Someone may hate me because of my skin colour, but I'm unlikely to lose out on job opportunities, educational opportunities, or face social injustice due to it.

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner

fihe wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 pm
to-ash-i-return wrote:

This is a joke, right? Look at what's happening to white people in South Africa, murders and land expropriation, people who did not enforce apartheid policies. Also, no one "invented" racism. It's human nature. As for the last part of your statement, it's called assimilation and has nothing to do with race.

It sounds like your dad has passed down a lot of his anger to you. Why be angry at someone for who they are if they are not personally responsible for hurting someone? People are individuals and not groups.

You’ve outed yourself as a racist and potential Nazi. Lol.

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner

seacuddle wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Racism is based on systematic oppression and white people have never been oppressed.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I find it hard to believe the race responsible for segregating Africa and implementing Jim Crow Laws there can experience racism.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Racism carries death with it and no one in history has ever been outright murdered just for being white and it sure as hell was never a regular occurrence.
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Nice try tho. White people really wanna fucking try it after enslaving African Americans, slaughtering the Natives and calling it manifest destiny and imperialising half the fucking world.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
you can't demand facts and sources and provide none of your own besides your dad and emotionally charged language
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to see an equivalent term of the N word for white people and the equivalent of being kidnapped and enslavement of over 200 years.
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to see an instance where you’re considered only 3/4’s of a human being. I want to see a movement dedicated to earning your basic human rights after having the stripped and left in chains,
White people have been enslaved as another user mentioned. It's literally on the first page
to-ash-i-return wrote:
Trayvon Martin was pounding someone's skull into the pavement when a police officer shot him. and are you suggesting police don't shoot white people?
to-ash-i-return wrote:
I want to hear about a time when you were in your home country speaking English and a Latino told you to speak spanish here.
Not all white people are from America/Europe. It is possible for a white person to have a home country that isn't America and speak a language that isn't English.
We get it, you wear a white hood and embroider swastikas on your clothes. In other words, You’re racist. You’re racist. You’re racist. You’re racist. You’re racist. You’re racist. You’re a nazi. You’re a nazi. You’re a nazi. You’re a nazi. Thanks for outing yourself.

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner

seacuddle wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
What
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:
to-ash-i-return wrote:

God, I’ve never seen anyone more remotely revolting. Lmao I can’t believe you’ve outed yourself as a racist. Skskskskssksk

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

Everyone who disagrees with that chick is a racist nazi, Y'ALL. White people LITERALLY invented racism.

Return to “News and Current Events”