Orange Is The New Black

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Orange Is The New Black

Post by loljokesss »

Nicky is definitely my favorite of all the characters. I definitely relate to her personality more, except for the junkie/nymphomaniac parts.

Morello's storyline broke my heart. While she is a stalker and has some sort of obsessive disorder, she is so sweet and its hard not to love her. I turned from absolutely loving Bennett to hating him. The opposite with Pennsatucky - she's still batshit crazy but she's coming around.
:toss:

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

I gave in this summer and watched it. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype but I absolutely loved it and I can't wait for season 3. I can't look at the grandma from The Fosters the same way again because she played Vee :lol:

I got the audiobook and wow, you can't even compare the book to the show. It wasn't really a disappointment, it is still a good listen/read but the whole time I was waiting for more. I think the only names they kept were Piper and Larry but there are a lot of personalities they kept, just gave them different names. Cleary Wolters (who inspired the character Alex) is writing her story and the book will be out next spring, titled "Out of Orange".

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I can't wait for Season 3. I absolutely love Alex and Piper and I'm so happy that they're finally going to be together again, especially happy because Larry isn't going to be in this season.

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

BornThisWay94 wrote:especially happy because Larry isn't going to be in this season.
Seriously?! You just made my day.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

LexiPorter wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:especially happy because Larry isn't going to be in this season.
Seriously?! You just made my day.

That's what I've heard and I couldn't be happier. I was disgusted with him throughout the entire series, ESPECIALLY after he got with Polly. I assume viewers are just supposed to imagine that he and Polly rode off into the sunset together and they're both officially out of Piper's life. I'm not a huge fan of Piper but she definitely didn't deserve to have her best friend AND her fiancé to betray her like that, I really think she and Alex belong together. So happy that Alex is going to be in every episode of Season 3, too because she's my absolute favorite.

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

I just finished the whole show in two days. Dedication. Anyway, I'm not going to go into details, but my favourite characters are Poussey and Gloria. I also adore the Daya and Bennett storyline. I think my favourite group (as in race) are definitely the Hispanics. They always look out for each other, and I really wish we get to see their back stories (and Big Boo's).

Anyway, thoughts on the season 3 trailer? I can't link, but it's on Youtube. Alex is back in prison (Piper ratted her out to her probation officer). It looks like they're going to be focusing on Daya x Bennett, and the love triangle between Alex, Piper, and the character that Ruby Rose is playing.

And Vee's actor confirmed she's returning, but didn't say whether it's in flashbacks or current life at the prison.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Oh god, I hope the Vee parts are flashbacks - I haaaaate her! And I am super stoked for season three, I need more backstories!
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Last season's ending centering on Vee was the best! I can't wait for this season.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Can't wait for season 3!

Excited to see who's backstories we get to see this season...
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

Laverne Cox posted on her Instagram that OINTB is renewed for a 4th season!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

potatoattacks
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by potatoattacks »

I hate Piper and Alex - I think they're both as terrible as each other and both treat each other horribly. As much as I dislike Larry, I honestly feel him and Piper belong together. Or maybe all three of them can be together, seeing as they're all terrible people. :lol:

I haven't finished season two yet but omg, Morello's back-story broke my heart. I really wasn't expecting it! Like, I knew something was up between her and Christopher but I thought it was just that he left her when she was arrested and she couldn't deal with it. I never would have guessed the truth!

shyLittleRj
Talker
Talker

Post by shyLittleRj »

I am seriously excited for season 3. I'm also immensely excited for Ruby Rose to be featured *wink wink*. I'd love to see more Pousséy too, and I think it'd be good to see a bit more back story on some of the other characters - I kinda wanna know about Big Boo! Also curious as to how the Daya/Bennett baby storyline will pan out (I've got a soft spot for Matt McGory so any screen time he gets is good with me).

ashleigh1
Learner
Learner

Post by ashleigh1 »

I've caught up with Wentworth during the OITNB off-season, I can't wait for s3 to start!

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Only 19 more days until the 3rd season starts! I so excited to see how things unfold.

forgetmenottt
Learner
Learner

Post by forgetmenottt »

Im.So.Excited.
YES! the whole Daya and Baby Bennett thing, I hope it plays out well!
Only a couple of more days.... Im on the edge of my seat!!

ilovecatsxD
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovecatsxD »

*SPOILER ALERT*

I'm pretty disappointed in this season and incredibly saddend that Stella (Ruby Rose) was sent to max. Pipers character over did it, like how can she be okay with having sent someone to MAX.

And judging by how many things Piper hid in Stella's little dorm, Stella isn't getting out for a long time. I have a huge crush on Stella/Ruby Rose so it sucks not seeing her again!

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

I have about 4 episodes to go. Don't mind the spoilers. The only reason I'm really loving this season is because they are doing so many background stories. That said; I am just over Piper and Alex.

Won't spoil for anyone not watching straight through, but I am really glad that it is renewed for another season. It should be. :tu:

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Loved Piper stickin it to Stella, she's beautiful to watch and listen to but girl had to go. I just didn't want to see it play out where the other girls confront piper because they think she's weak and we have to replay season 1 over. Let's make way for heartless Pipes.

The Pennsatucky storyline really got me. Seeing her flashback just gave me all the feels. Where's Nathan? I want a Nathan. Can't wait to see what she and Boo do about Coates, I've really had enough of abusive rapey guards. Mostly because I'm sure it's not too far from the truth.

Kasumi
Learner
Learner

Post by Kasumi »

I'm so disappointed that the show basically used Stella for the sole purpose of being Piper's love interest/having someone that her bland ass could talk too. She had little depth or individualism other than being the really gorgeous tattoed girl. The only time Stella was on screen was when she was with Piper; she never even talked to anyone else :/

That being said I think this season was really great. So many backstories that I was excited to see(and I think this is the first time we got non-prisoner backstories? Though they were less interesting imo)

OITNB usually ends in some sort of shocking episode, so it was nice to see a change and have something sweet. Penn and Boo's friendship was probably a highlight for me. I like that we got to see Chen's backstory too, since I always felt that she was just in the background. I love Daya, so I loved how much screen time she had. Also fuck Bennet and fuck Piper.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Am I the only one not fucking gagging over Stella / Ruby Rose? She is attractive, yes, but shit - everyone is losing their damn minds over her. And her character was booooring.

AND WHERE THE FUCK IS BENNETT?
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Return to “Comedy”