income

Leggingzilla
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: income

Post by Leggingzilla »

Yes they make a crazy amount of money but how is it any different to politicians or footballers etc that make obscene amount of money too? I can't stand when people say 'Get a real job' it's so redundant. If you don't like it fair enough it's not for you but how is it your place to tell someone what job they should and shouldn't have. Journalists make money so why shouldn't vloggers/bloggers as well? It does take a lot of time and effort for a majority of videos (I know not all) people seem to forget that a five minute video does not in fact take 5 minutes to make.

hipster
Debater
Debater

Post by hipster »

bnx18 wrote:Wow if she makes that much I wonder how much someone like Bethany (macbarbie07) makes since she's a little more popular and has a more subscribers
I posted this on bethany's thread a few days ago :

I'm actually proud of her for doing something good and worth while with the money. *coughmichellephancough*
she came from money (if you have watched her old makeup collection video you would know) and like some people on here said.... she does have a whole team behind her. she is like the model of the product. she has a manager, filming guy and editor. maybe even more. aeropastle needs her and that brand will give her a huge name. like the billboard in new york.

this is how much she makes from yt : http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/macbarbie07

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Most of the successful girls come from money, it's the reason people start watching them in the first place, they can buy a lot of shit.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

Guest wrote:Bethany is probably making crazy ass amounts. Same with Elle & Blair, Michelle Phan, etc.
MP has been interviewed multiple times on shows about how she became a millionaire off youtube.

I just started from the beginning of this thread and thought I'd add that for anyone who has doubts about this girl being in the 100k earning range.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Shane Dawson said in one of his videos that he spends about $20,000 a month on his videos. He has almost 3 million subscribers. That's a pretty good point of reference, I think. If he spends $240,000 a year on his videos, he probably makes at least $300,000/year after taxes.
imma ball til the day i fall

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

Angie V wrote:Shane Dawson said in one of his videos that he spends about $20,000 a month on his videos. He has almost 3 million subscribers. That's a pretty good point of reference, I think. If he spends $240,000 a year on his videos, he probably makes at least $300,000/year after taxes.
He probably wants to keep on growing and expanding his fan base and quality of videos. He also has merch and iTunes sales. :)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

justanopinion wrote:
Angie V wrote:Shane Dawson said in one of his videos that he spends about $20,000 a month on his videos. He has almost 3 million subscribers. That's a pretty good point of reference, I think. If he spends $240,000 a year on his videos, he probably makes at least $300,000/year after taxes.
He probably wants to keep on growing and expanding his fan base and quality of videos. He also has merch and iTunes sales. :)
yeah thanks xD I posted that as a frame of reference for how much Lindsey might be making, not to ask why/how shane is making so much money lol

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

Angie V wrote:
justanopinion wrote:
yeah thanks xD I posted that as a frame of reference for how much Lindsey might be making, not to ask why/how shane is making so much money lol
Yeah :) They have more sources of income than people would expect. Does Linsey do sponsored videos?

OldEnough2KnowBetter
Talker
Talker

Post by OldEnough2KnowBetter »

Leggingzilla wrote:Yes they make a crazy amount of money but how is it any different to politicians or footballers etc that make obscene amount of money too? I can't stand when people say 'Get a real job' it's so redundant. If you don't like it fair enough it's not for you but how is it your place to tell someone what job they should and shouldn't have. Journalists make money so why shouldn't vloggers/bloggers as well? It does take a lot of time and effort for a majority of videos (I know not all) people seem to forget that a five minute video does not in fact take 5 minutes to make.
It's a lot different considering the amount of work that goes into being a politician/athlete/journalist. Lindsey is sitting on her lazy butt talking to a camera and making obscene amounts of money, especially considering she's an 18 year old kid with little life experience and no skills, especially as it relates to her chosen "hobbies" - makeup and fashion. She has no knowledge of the fashion industry (despite attending a fashion school), and her makeup skills haven't improved in the three years she's been posting videos. She's been given opportunities many people would kill for, and not only does she take them for granted, she makes no effort to learn from them or use them to enrich her life. She could be using this time in her life to build relationships with brands (in addition to Benefit), but instead she just spends, spends, spends. I don't know if FIDM requires their students to take a speech class to graduate, but Lindsey should look into it if they don't. I don't care how "famous" she is on YouTube, she will not be hired by a beauty or fashion brand if she doesn't take the time to sound "smarter."

I'll give Lindsey credit, though, she still posts videos on a very regular basis, and she's done a good job of remaining relatable to her viewers. She's still young so she has plenty of time to address my concerns listed above. I don't know how much money she's saving for a rainy day (she can't possibly be blowing everything she's making, right?), but as multiple people have said on this forum, YouTube (and the money she makes from it) will not last forever.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

justanopinion wrote:Yeah :) They have more sources of income than people would expect. Does Linsey do sponsored videos?
Funny you should mention this, because I have a feeling her most recent video was sponsored by Tarte. In her vlog, she had a to-do list of videos and next to the Tarte one, there was a specific date to put it up which is usually what happens with sponsored videos. She didn't put an FTC disclaimer though so I can't be sure.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

justanopinion wrote:
Angie V wrote:
justanopinion wrote: He probably wants to keep on growing and expanding his fan base and quality of videos. He also has merch and iTunes sales. :)
Yeah :) They have more sources of income than people would expect. Does Linsey do sponsored videos?
Of course she does

lindsaylove
Learner
Learner

Post by lindsaylove »

bubblegumbitch wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Yeah :) They have more sources of income than people would expect. Does Linsey do sponsored videos?
Funny you should mention this, because I have a feeling her most recent video was sponsored by Tarte. In her vlog, she had a to-do list of videos and next to the Tarte one, there was a specific date to put it up which is usually what happens with sponsored videos. She didn't put an FTC disclaimer though so I can't be sure.
I'm still not sure if it's sponsored, but she also said in that video that QVC is running a promotion on that gift set today. It might've been sponsored by QVC or maybe she just knew the deal would be today.

lac
Debater
Debater

Post by lac »

She has worked with Tarte/QVC in the past:
http://foregroundinc.com/tarte-cosmetic ... aboration/

i'm sure she has the same deal again especially considering her manager Scott is a part of foreground inc.

qossipqirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by qossipqirl »

Okay honestly this is amazing how much she makes, I knew people like Joey Graceffa and Shane Dawson made killer amounts on youtube but I didn't know people like Lindsey would. And honestly to all the people hating on this if you think it's so easy and that she does nothing then why aren't you on youtube making thousands? That's all I have to say in regards to this.

mellybabydoll
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mellybabydoll »

First comment but that salary is insane. My husband works as a computer programmer and has busted his ass for years in school and studying and taking tests for certifications. It's taken him 15 years to be an expert and he's STILL working very hard on things and still just makes about 130k. Stuff like this is enough to want to smack the gravy off somebody's biscuit. :mob:
we'll throw our coins down hoping to rid us of this little hell

MarleyMescudi
Learner
Learner

Post by MarleyMescudi »

chachacha17 wrote:she was rich before youtube which makes it worse
Why is it assumed that Lindsey's parents are rich? They live in a typical middle class home (at least typical for Georgia) and the high school Lindsey and Meghan attended is one of the less well off ones in the area.

julia_roberts
Informer
Informer

Post by julia_roberts »

MarleyMescudi wrote:
chachacha17 wrote:she was rich before youtube which makes it worse
Why is it assumed that Lindsey's parents are rich? They live in a typical middle class home (at least typical for Georgia) and the high school Lindsey and Meghan attended is one of the less well off ones in the area.
I at first thought they were rich because of their big ass house, but I'm from the Bay Area, and if you're living in a house like that you have some type of money.
I don't think her parents are rich, mainly because Lindsey had to get a job in the beginning to supplement her hauls.
Remember.
Old Navy? The tank top discounts?
But people are right, a lot of the gurus do have a lot of money... It's obvious. How is a 16 year old buying that much makeup/CLOTHES?
I have a five foot Pretty Woman poster on my wall, she is a God.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”