Fleurdeforce: Part 5

dontmindme
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fleurdeforce: Part 5

Post by dontmindme »

I'm normally a fan of Fleur but really disliked her in the gift guide for him video!

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

sillypeanut wrote:
dreamybutterfly wrote:
ItsRawrzz wrote:
Has anybody had a portable charger for iPhones/iPads? What did you think of it?
I bought the juice cube after Fleur mentioned it some time ago. I wanted something small so it seemed perfect. It does work and whenever people see me using it they ask me what it is. I will say the only annoying thing is I have to make sure I have the wire with it or else its pointless because I won't be able to connect it.
I really wanted the Juice Cube after seeing Fleur mention it, too. I do a lot of air travel (over 20 hours) so that would come in handy. I don't think it's sold here in the US though. Anybody know of a good alternative brand?
Mophie is supposed to be a good brand and they sell them in the US.
Also, you can buy a cheap wire on ebay for like £1 or something if you just wanted one to throw in your bag and not worry about it.

Meg
Informer
Informer

Post by Meg »

[youtube][/youtube]

I think it was a good idea she put that disclaimer that she will probably not be able to put up a video every day. However I get that she has slow internet connection at home, but it is not that hard to go to Starbucks or someplace that has free wifi and upload a video. Isn't there something on Youtube where you can queue your videos and schedule when they go up?

ILovegg
Debater
Debater

Post by ILovegg »

Meg wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Isn't there something on Youtube where you can queue your videos and schedule when they go up?
I think there is but it wouldn't work for daily vlogging as you have to vlog, edit and upload on the same day so scheduling doesn't make much sense for that :) good idea for main channel videos or random vlogs when filming in advance/going away though x

Post by Guest »

Meg wrote: I think it was a good idea she put that disclaimer that she will probably not be able to put up a video every day. However I get that she has slow internet connection at home, but it is not that hard to go to Starbucks or someplace that has free wifi and upload a video. Isn't there something on Youtube where you can queue your videos and schedule when they go up?
I think she mentioned it can take anywhere between 5-10 hours to upload a video, so she probably doesn't want to spend that much time sitting in a coffee shop. Does she go to her parents' house to do the majority of her uploads? I forget.

Meg
Informer
Informer

Post by Meg »

sillypeanut wrote:
Meg wrote: I think it was a good idea she put that disclaimer that she will probably not be able to put up a video every day. However I get that she has slow internet connection at home, but it is not that hard to go to Starbucks or someplace that has free wifi and upload a video. Isn't there something on Youtube where you can queue your videos and schedule when they go up?
I think she mentioned it can take anywhere between 5-10 hours to upload a video, so she probably doesn't want to spend that much time sitting in a coffee shop. Does she go to her parents' house to do the majority of her uploads? I forget.

I thought it took 5-10 hours to upload a video because her internet was so slow at her house.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

sillypeanut wrote:
Can we not encourage people to sit for hours in coffee shops on their laptops? I hate when I go for a coffee and can't get a seat because someone is sat there on their computer with a mouth full of cold coffee left in their mug :x

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I honestly don't think there are local starbucks etc that she can go to, to upload etc. Where she lives is pretty rural and a fair distance from any main cities. I grew up somewhere like that, and you'd be surprised just how many things like that aren't on your doorstop that you maybe take for granted if you live in a town or city. :D

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Nin wrote:I honestly don't think there are local starbucks etc that she can go to, to upload etc. Where she lives is pretty rural and a fair distance from any main cities. I grew up somewhere like that, and you'd be surprised just how many things like that aren't on your doorstop that you maybe take for granted if you live in a town or city. :D
Indeed. In some places you are lucky to have an open newsagent let alone a starbucks!

Post by Guest »

xxkath wrote:
sillypeanut wrote:
Can we not encourage people to sit for hours in coffee shops on their laptops? I hate when I go for a coffee and can't get a seat because someone is sat there on their computer with a mouth full of cold coffee left in their mug :x
LOL today I went into Starbucks and this one guy took up (literally) 3 small connecting tables. He had a laptop and a notebook and some papers... all sprawled out over 3 tables. Hate.

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

I don't mind not seeing a video from Fleur every day when she is doing a vlogging every day month, but I just feel that if she can't actually do it like how you are suppose to do it (vlog and upload every day) she shouldn't commit to it. I think she wants to get the views from the titles? I'm guessing putting vlogust/vlogtober/vlogmas etc will probably get her more views (extras from people who just randomly search for these words) than if she just named them something random. I think this is unfair for other Youtubers who are actually doing these vlog months properly.

On another note, I understand Fleur can't do anything about her internet because she lives in the countryside, but I feel she shouldn't be excused from it just because this house is her dream house and forever home. Youtube is her job (which lets not forget pays her very well) and her job requires good internet speeds, especially since she commits herself to series that you are suppose to upload everyday. Would you move to a place where you can't help but get to work late on most days just because that house is your dream house and forever home? No because you will most likely get fired.. so you would either quit to find another job closer to home, move some place closer to your current job or find some other alternative. People in every day life need to compromise all the time, you can't always have your cake and eat it too, so I don't see how Fleur should be any different. If she wants both the house and her Youtube career then the least she could do is find some place else to upload. If a coffee shop is not ideal then maybe rent an office space or god forbid join Gleam to use their offices.. imo she shouldn't just give up when she couldn't get a good internet provider for the house and expect her subscribers to understand.

Fleur is currently one of the few Youtubers that I still enjoy watching, but sometimes she does bother me.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Didn't someone mention that her parents or sister live close by and have decent connection? She could drive there, dump the file on their computer, leave it uploading and go about her day. I'm guessing that's what she does anyway, except she goes there once or twice a week instead of everyday, uploads all at once and then schedules it one video a day. She wouldn't put 7 videos in one day, less people would watch it that way and you gotta make money.

I'm starting to get incredibly annoyed by the viewfinder staring. Her face was really close to the lens in the latest vlog, so it was so bluntly obvious she was looking at herself 99% of the time.

dontmindme
Informer
Informer

Post by dontmindme »

I really don't see how people can suggest Fleur should have bought a different house based on upload speeds. I just don't get that at all. I also don't think it's the biggest deal in the world if we have to wait a few days to see vlogs and I can't see how she should not take part in Vlogmas because of it.

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

^
I agree, idk why people can't just straight up say they're impatient and want to watch her vlogs immediately.

I think renting an office space in another location is such an overreaction just to upload her vlogs. I seriously don't see how it's such an issue if they're a few days behind, especially when she always make a clear disclaimer at the start of the month about her uploading schedule. I mean do you really want her to give up vlogging entirely or wait a couple of days? Also her main channel's video upload has been consistent as usual since moving into her new house, so really it's just this idea that people have, in regards to daily vlogging, that they MUST be uploaded the very next day, when that's not true at all. Especially, because there's been no real negative impact from the late uploads - do her vlog views look like they're decreasing?

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

The delay in her vlog uploads doesn't annoy me much. I watch those for entertainment when I'm so inclined, not to get informed on everything she does promptly. I do however still think it's somewhat unprofessional. And it did get confusing a few times in October, when she would put main channel videos first, followed by the vlog a week later of when she filmed those main channel videos. It'll be even bigger mess with Vlogmas. Everyone will be done celebrating and for a whole week after that we'll still be watching Fleur getting excited about Xmas approaching ;)

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

Of course her main channel would take priority over her vlogging channel, and her vlogs aren't really intended to be seen as professional otherwise that would just detract from the candidness of it all.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

I didn't say she should have held off her main channel videos. I said it was confusing to see them first, followed up with the events that lead to filming those main channel videos. Example. You see her doing a haul video with some other youtuber, showing off things they got. Then a week later you hear her talk that she's about to meet that youtuber to go shopping. It's confusing, that's all.

And I didn't say her vlogs are supposed to be "professional". I said the whole delay in uploads thing is unprofessional, whichever channel it is. And she gets paid for vlogs as well, so it's not like she's doing people any favors for filming and uploading those. It's a paying job, just as much as her main channel is.

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

Yeah, but Fleur never committed to promptly uploading her vlogs and she makes that clear to the viewers. This whole standard of daily vlogging and what's deemed as professional conduct is all just subjective, even if she's getting paid there are no formal specifications as to what is indicative of being un/professional vlogger. Anyways she always fulfills what she sets out in these month-long vlogs, which is to film every day (not, upload every day).

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

hambo wrote:I don't mind not seeing a video from Fleur every day when she is doing a vlogging every day month, but I just feel that if she can't actually do it like how you are suppose to do it (vlog and upload every day) she shouldn't commit to it. I think she wants to get the views from the titles? I'm guessing putting vlogust/vlogtober/vlogmas etc will probably get her more views (extras from people who just randomly search for these words) than if she just named them something random. I think this is unfair for other Youtubers who are actually doing these vlog months properly.

On another note, I understand Fleur can't do anything about her internet because she lives in the countryside, but I feel she shouldn't be excused from it just because this house is her dream house and forever home. Youtube is her job (which lets not forget pays her very well) and her job requires good internet speeds, especially since she commits herself to series that you are suppose to upload everyday. Would you move to a place where you can't help but get to work late on most days just because that house is your dream house and forever home? No because you will most likely get fired.. so you would either quit to find another job closer to home, move some place closer to your current job or find some other alternative. People in every day life need to compromise all the time, you can't always have your cake and eat it too, so I don't see how Fleur should be any different. If she wants both the house and her Youtube career then the least she could do is find some place else to upload. If a coffee shop is not ideal then maybe rent an office space or god forbid join Gleam to use their offices.. imo she shouldn't just give up when she couldn't get a good internet provider for the house and expect her subscribers to understand.

Fleur is currently one of the few Youtubers that I still enjoy watching, but sometimes she does bother me.
The funny thing is that usually here on GG everybody claims that YTers shouldn't think that YT is a forever job and that they won't be able to do this for a long time. Now here's someone who knows that and put her dream house over her self-chosen, freedom-providing job as a vlogger. Completely understandable IMHO. She can do it so why shouldn't she, just because others, who work in other, "normal" work environments can't do it? Sorry, but I'm with Fleur on this one. Having your forever house or a decent internet connection that you need for a job you can quit at any time? Erm yeah, dream house! :D

Also, join Gleam in order to travel to London every single day to upload a video? That would be crazy.

I'm not bothered by the delay in videos. Now, when she simply stops a vlogging month, that's a tad different.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

noir-beaute wrote:Yeah, but Fleur never committed to promptly uploading her vlogs and she makes that clear to the viewers. This whole standard of daily vlogging and what's deemed as professional conduct is all just subjective, even if she's getting paid there are no formal specifications as to what is indicative of being un/professional vlogger. Anyways she always fulfills what she sets out in these month-long vlogs, which is to film every day (not, upload every day).
Ok, if you really insist, I'll say it even more clear - it's unprofessional BY MY STANDARDS. There.

And btw, she skipped a few days in October and she quit her vlogging in June on day 18.

Return to “FleurDeForce”