SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Photography Lover
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Post by Photography Lover »

Ugh! I thought that that was their dream home? I bet anything that selling the house has nothing to do with having a baby and everything to do with either getting a bigger home (not that there's anything wrong with that), a home in the city because Fleur likes it, or moving to the US (most likely NYC or L.A. like every other basic vlogger) because Fleur wants to live there. Unless it is because of a baby and I missed it because I haven't been able to keep up with the vlogs lately. If it's either of the last two things I will seriously start to dislike Fleur.

I've been a somewhat silent defender on her because everyone has a right to their opinion but it would really piss me off if she's moving for those reasons. Mike doesn't like the city. If they move to London or somewhere, it will be because that's what Fleur wants. Another example of a spoiled princess always getting her own way. If it's moving to NYC or L.A., that will piss me off too because once again, I'm sure it will be because of Fleur and her wants. I also think it's absolutely ridiculous to plan your life around YouTube, even if it is their "job". We've all seen the rise and fall of popular YouTubers (Juicy Star07, anyone?) To leave your family for a shaky career is ridiculous.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

How can she let the dogs and cats who have been outside and all over the place sit on the pillows and blankets on which she sleeps???!! Am I the only one who is disgusted by that?
:love2:

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

It'll be more than 320k profit - they only paid 925 or 975, can't remember - not the last list price.

She's such an utter bullshit artist - talking about how she can't wait for people to use her guest bathroom etc. when they slapped a coat of paint on to sell it!

Fact is that 3 years ago when they bought it Fleur wasn't leaving Mike to rattle around in it for 3 weeks out of the month. They can't be buying bigger - surely? I don't think she'd move abroad as she's such a mummy's girl.

texangirl190
Learner
Learner

Post by texangirl190 »

fatshopaholic wrote:First time posting here. I was a little curious about the "big life change" she revealed in a vlog and had wondered if they were selling up and well I had a look today and they have indeed listed the house for sale for £1,395,000. Wonder if they will be staying in the UK or moving to the US?
What real estate website is it listed on?

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I would be hugely surprised if they sold that house. I could however see them moving to LA. In her Q & A didn't Fleur mention that she would love to live there at some stage?

As for Piglet well Fleur has some cheek trying to discipline her now! She is never at home and has left Mike to deal with all things dog related. If it happened when they were out Piglet could have been waiting a long time or perhaps she couldn't get their attention to go outside. But one thing i do know is that dogs Piglets age do not do that out of the blue without a reason! And how long was it before Fleur noticed the 'accident' - no point giving out unless its right after she did it!

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

SuggthePug wrote:
texangirl190 wrote:
fatshopaholic wrote:First time posting here. I was a little curious about the "big life change" she revealed in a vlog and had wondered if they were selling up and well I had a look today and they have indeed listed the house for sale for £1,395,000. Wonder if they will be staying in the UK or moving to the US?
What real estate website is it listed on?
I found it on Rightmove.
I saw it there too! I must say I'm surprised. I wonder is it costing too much with the apartment in London and they are moving to something more manageable or are they moving abroad?

Post by Guest »

I get renovating to increase the value of your home before you sell. But why would they get specific fabric for the curtains and wait so long for the curtains to be made if they were just going to sell? It doesn't make sense to me.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

Yeah, renovations are a common thing prior selling.

About them saying it is their dreamhouse: sometimes plans and life change.

I don't like Fleur a lot at the moment, however, she and MIke are (to me at least) the most sensible youtube-couple out there. Whatever their decision is, and some of us may not like it, I am sure they'll be fine.

I am in longterm relationship, too, and OH how things and plans have always changed. And yes, also about big things like houses and stuff.

esta4112
Talker
Talker

Post by esta4112 »

I'm really surprised they're moving! It was listed a few days ago. Surely they're not moving close by - that house is perfect for living close to their families.
Maybe they're downsizing? It is a huge place for a couple who aren't planning on kids yet. Either way they've made good money.
Tbh I think it's the perfect time for them to move to the States for a change for a year or two before settling down and having kids. Maybe that's the plan??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esta4112
Talker
Talker

Post by esta4112 »

I'm really surprised they're moving! It was listed a few days ago. Surely they're not moving close by - that house is perfect for living close to their families.
Maybe they're downsizing? It is a huge place for a couple who aren't planning on kids yet. Either way they've made good money.
Tbh I think it's the perfect time for them to move to the States for a change for a year or two before settling down and having kids. Maybe that's the plan??

Photography Lover
Informer
Informer

Post by Photography Lover »

esta4112 wrote:I'm really surprised they're moving! It was listed a few days ago. Surely they're not moving close by - that house is perfect for living close to their families.

Meant to quote, not thank. Why exactly do they need to move to the States for any amount of time? What is wrong with where they live? Sorry, but Fleur is kind of a brat and if they are moving to the States I have no doubt it's all about what she wants and her henpecked husband is just going along with whatever she wants as he usually does.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

Yeah, plans change, but that is a freaking big decision - the costs of selling and buying in that price bracket are huge. Estate agents take up to 3.5%, stamp duty to buy something else above 925k is 10% of the purchase price, solicitor fees in the thousands, etc.

That said I drive past her village to get to my in laws and it is seriously dull. Even the countryside is a bit flat and uninspiring.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

^ Yes, that's why I think the move will be significant rather than to somewhere similar down the road. There has to be a big change or big benefits to go to that expense and stress.

The reasoning will come out eventually but I'd bet money on it being about Fleur. Mike may benefit from ending up seeing her more, but it's her choice of lifestyle that separates them now. He never seemed to have any problem with the current house: country location or size/maintenance.
lolita_blah wrote:How can she let the dogs and cats who have been outside and all over the place sit on the pillows and blankets on which she sleeps???!! Am I the only one who is disgusted by that?
I can't comment about dogs, but have had many cats and they generally only get muddy paws. They don't roll around and would only get dirty squeezing through something. The mud gets wiped off during their first few paces in the house (on rainy days there would be little paw-prints around the door, otherwise no obvious dirt), and then any more gets taken off (not noticeably) walking further into the house on the carpets. By the time they've reached the bed they're clean. :) I don't even know if dogs clean themselves :? but as we know cats love to be clean and will sort themselves out asap.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

closethopster
Learner
Learner

Post by closethopster »

I'm still slightly stunned that they're selling. However I don't think the house is going to sell particularly quickly. The higher priced houses in the UK have hit a bit of a standstill as everyone is too scared to invest and the area is questionable. Not only is it incredibly isolated but it's not in a must have location, Northampton is not the culture capital of the UK for a reason!

My own curiosity would like to know what they plan on doing now, I do think that moving closer to her sister and kids is more likely than the States. Her Dad must be nearing retirement age, so it might be the whole family is re-locating. Now she has a base in London, it doesn't really matter where they live.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

Tbh, and I did not think that I would: but I am actually genuinely excited to hear what the move is about.
Unlike others, I also don't have the feeling it's only Fleur's decision. I can imagine them realising how things are not ideal with all the travelling and that they want to spend more time together. I think that's better than living isolated like Zalfie imo.

Again, Fleur is not my fav at the moment, but I am sure it will be fine and that they are happy with their decision. I know know ;) we only see whatever amount of min of them in the vlogs, but I do have the impression that Mike would tell Fleur if he is not ok with sth. I have a different impression than others.

In the end, it's just a house - and if the new location makes them happier, then I guess it's worth it.
But that's just my opinion and experience from changing plans, negotiating oppertunities, also abroad.

Plus, but not sure if that's a reason for them to move: the propery is HUGE. I can imagine that they want/need a big property, however the one now is a lot of maintenance, and when have we ever really see them sitting outside and stuff?

I could well be that all of the family is moving closer together a bit. I actually like that idea. They also seem to have a good relationship with Fleur's family and rest.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Let's move to the new thread guys:
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=31356
:love2:

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

That's what, 400,000 more than they did pay?

I remember she said "they were toying with the idea of moving" when they were engaged.
And I think they jumped the gun when that particular property was presented to them, as she said "it's the perfect size and the perfect location".

(Yes, I do remember specific sentences, but I on't recall what videos they were in).

So: when envisioning their future, at least when Fleur's career was still a lot less remunerative and not established as a path for many, and their life stood mainly on family money, this house was ideal, both for its size and its position.

Not long ago, they answered questions about moving house. Fleur was vague, but Mike said it was a possibility, and the way he said it made me think they had been seriously considering it. Fleur hides news better, in front of cameras, I guess.

From when they bought this house to this point, I can see one main change: Fleur's work. Four years ago, she was still esitant calling it a career. Now she's is making more money and I think she sees a good job in her future, even if youtube dies down.

Electricavenue
Talker
Talker

Post by Electricavenue »

Ggers, what do you think Fleur will end up doing post YouTube? (Marriage and pro-creating aside.)

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

Electricavenue wrote:Ggers, what do you think Fleur will end up doing post YouTube? (Marriage and pro-creating aside.)
Hopefully living under a rock, bothering nobody with her bland selfishness.

Return to “FleurDeForce”