KAYLA RANT

guruslammer
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

KAYLA RANT

Post by guruslammer »

So, I know a lot of you probably feel the same way. I just wanted to post a new thread talking about how I feel about her. If Kayla is reading this, which I hope you're not, please take this as creative criticism or a human being looking out for another human being.

I get it, she's allowed to do whatever she wants to do. She's old enough to do what she wants with her life. But as a person who actually subscribed because I loved her. But, she's setting a really poor example to young kids. Not everyone can have a partnership with youtube and not going to school (and being a community college drop out) is a bit sad. Youtube isn't going to be your life when you're 40 years old and you can't work as a social networker person your whole life.

I just don't want to see anyone go through what I feel is going to happen to her. She's delusional thinking her videos are life changing. Those may disagree with me but she's no Michelle Phan or anyone to that extent that has the knowledge Michelle or other guru's have of skintypes, etc. The people who actually make a living off doing people's makeup or giving them massages, etc. She's just a shopaholic that spends way too much no matter if she's getting bank off youtube.

What do you guys think of this? I don't know... I just feel like she's living too much in the moment.. I get the whole YOLO thing, but doing something like she is doing without thinking of the consequences or down the line is got to be the worst thing ever.

dummmb
Talker
Talker

Re: KAYLA RANT

Post by dummmb »

guruslammer wrote:So, I know a lot of you probably feel the same way. I just wanted to post a new thread talking about how I feel about her. If Kayla is reading this, which I hope you're not, please take this as creative criticism or a human being looking out for another human being.

I get it, she's allowed to do whatever she wants to do. She's old enough to do what she wants with her life. But as a person who actually subscribed because I loved her. But, she's setting a really poor example to young kids. Not everyone can have a partnership with youtube and not going to school (and being a community college drop out) is a bit sad. Youtube isn't going to be your life when you're 40 years old and you can't work as a social networker person your whole life.

I just don't want to see anyone go through what I feel is going to happen to her. She's delusional thinking her videos are life changing. Those may disagree with me but she's no Michelle Phan or anyone to that extent that has the knowledge Michelle or other guru's have of skintypes, etc. The people who actually make a living off doing people's makeup or giving them massages, etc. She's just a shopaholic that spends way too much no matter if she's getting bank off youtube.

What do you guys think of this? I don't know... I just feel like she's living too much in the moment.. I get the whole YOLO thing, but doing something like she is doing without thinking of the consequences or down the line is got to be the worst thing ever.

YESSSSSSS THANK YOU!!!

ShannonQT85
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ShannonQT85 »

guruslammer wrote:So, I know a lot of you probably feel the same way. I just wanted to post a new thread talking about how I feel about her. If Kayla is reading this, which I hope you're not, please take this as creative criticism or a human being looking out for another human being.

100% Agree. And I think what bothers me is not that she dropped out....but that she wasn't being completely honest with her viewers about the "classes" she was taking this semester. To put it simply....there were NO classes this semester. If she lies about that....it just makes me wonder what else this girl lies about in her life...clearly a lot of GG readers are smart enough here to have caught a bunch of her lies, but it just bothers me that she downright lies to her own viewers who are paying her lazy ass.

I completely agree who people who say that you don't need to have a degree to be successful...however that is mostly for exceptional people who have unique talents and gifts doing something special which Kayla does not have by hauling what she bought at Target and vlogging talking to herself in her car. It might not hurt her this very moment dropping out of school without even getting her AA degree, but I have no doubt that'll come back to haunt her in some way down the road. I mean once Kayla's 15 min of youtube are up...what is she really going to do with her life? She might have a "social media" job at the moment because of her youtube channel but then what after that? If social media is her true passion like she has been saying lately....she does realize she needs at least a 4 year college degree right...?

I just feel like Kayla is trying so hard to be someone that she's not...she's not social....she's not a teenager....she has no sense of style.....she just seems to try so hard to be like other youtubers...primarily the younger ones and I just don't think we've ever gotten to see the "real" Kayla

thisbitch
Informer
Informer

Post by thisbitch »

I kinda think you care a little too much. just sit back and watch the show. enjoy your life cause she could give a rats ass what we think and even if she reads it i don't think she'll think "ohh i better change my ways for the children" it's her life and she can ruin it if she wants to. people should just monitor what their kids watch and avoid her channel. If you think a kid is going to want to grow up like kayla or like any other guru (which kids actually are doing now) then thats something you should complain to youtube about because as long as their are people getting paid to do nothing but make videos their will always be someone thinking they can do it too and get rich from youtube.

1. people like easy ways to make money

2. most people are lazy

3. kayla is not the only person kids look up to and copy and if you think she's bad we need to shut down YT

4. kayla gives no shits

guruslammer
Talker
Talker

Post by guruslammer »

ShannonQT85 wrote:

100% Agree. And I think what bothers me is not that she dropped out....but that she wasn't being completely honest with her viewers about the "classes" she was taking this semester. To put it simply....there were NO classes this semester. If she lies about that....it just makes me wonder what else this girl lies about in her life...clearly a lot of GG readers are smart enough here to have caught a bunch of her lies, but it just bothers me that she downright lies to her own viewers who are paying her lazy ass.

I completely agree who people who say that you don't need to have a degree to be successful...however that is mostly for exceptional people who have unique talents and gifts doing something special which Kayla does not have by hauling what she bought at Target and vlogging talking to herself in her car. It might not hurt her this very moment dropping out of school without even getting her AA degree, but I have no doubt that'll come back to haunt her in some way down the road. I mean once Kayla's 15 min of youtube are up...what is she really going to do with her life? She might have a "social media" job at the moment because of her youtube channel but then what after that? If social media is her true passion like she has been saying lately....she does realize she needs at least a 4 year college degree right...?

I just feel like Kayla is trying so hard to be someone that she's not...she's not social....she's not a teenager....she has no sense of style.....she just seems to try so hard to be like other youtubers...primarily the younger ones and I just don't think we've ever gotten to see the "real" Kayla

preach girl preach. She should have at least gotten a fashion degree or something like a lot of guru's get lately. As long as you have something substantial and not going to school. It WILL bite her in the ass later because soon she's going to be too old and it'll be "too late" in her mind to go back to school.

she does lie a lot and I feel bad for viewers who actually think it's genuine. The thing is, I know mostly everyone on youtube is materialistic I'm not saying that I'm not. Who doesn't love LV and shiny new things. But the fact that she makes it look okay to be spoiled is not a good thing. It's like she's not even humbled or anything.. it's going to her head big time and it's quite annoying. You can have a lot of things and still be humble (ex: Xteeener) but she is not. It's like she's saying be a spoiled brat and get all this Louis Vuitton stuff and you don't need to have a good personality or social skills or a degree!!! LOL!

guruslammer
Talker
Talker

Post by guruslammer »

thisbitch wrote:I kinda think you care a little too much. just sit back and watch the show. enjoy your life cause she could give a rats ass what we think and even if she reads it i don't think she'll think "ohh i better change my ways for the children" it's her life and she can ruin it if she wants to. people should just monitor what their kids watch and avoid her channel. If you think a kid is going to want to grow up like kayla or like any other guru (which kids actually are doing now) then thats something you should complain to youtube about because as long as their are people getting paid to do nothing but make videos their will always be someone thinking they can do it too and get rich from youtube.

1. people like easy ways to make money

2. most people are lazy

3. kayla is not the only person kids look up to and copy and if you think she's bad we need to shut down YT

4. kayla gives no shits

Hahaha, that is true. I do care too much. I totally agree with you. Parents should monitor what their kids do. I mean wtf that girl who ate her tampon? really? that stuff needs to be cut out. I feel like in five years kayla will be long gone.

thisbitch
Informer
Informer

Post by thisbitch »

eww tampon girl, and just when i had forgotten that video...nightmares. :? :?

holymarmalade
Debater
Debater

Post by holymarmalade »

Well everyone it's been close enough to 2 years... and nothing has changed

BrittanyJSP
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrittanyJSP »

Oh my goodness! I was reading this thread not knowing when it was first posted and holy crap! This chick has been this way for how long? She is never going to change

Return to “Kayla Lashae”