Zitella: 280390 Spots And Counting Part 38

GoshDarnBatgirl
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zitella: 280390 Spots And Counting Part 38

Post by GoshDarnBatgirl »

anastasia wrote:I disagree with the above poster. I think it is shameful to have a ghost writer for fiction and she basically stuck two fingers up to writers with true talent who are struggling to get published because they aren't YouTube famous. The only time ghost writing is acceptable is for books like autobiographies etc.
I guess in this case I just expect youtubers/entertainers to use ghost writers since so many do (although i wish they'd be more honest about it). if zoey actually wrote the book herself it'd be atrocious based on her videos lol
Girl Online, The Zoey Only Edition: Chapter 1:
Hey guys!! My name is Penny Porter!! Um..I guess a little bit about me I have long brown hair and big blue eyes. I think I'm average looking. I'm a pretty average fifteen year old girl. I blog online too! I don't think I'm that good but my blog is pretty popular! Anyway right now I'm sitting on the couch next to my chummy watching Pretty Little Liars (the best show ever!) while writing new post on my blog. Today I'm blogging about something embarrassing that happened to me yesterday. Yesterday I had a panic attack at school! It was terrible. It made me feel sad. Everyone was looking at me. So embarrassing!
I do agree with your point that it's insulting to anyone who actually puts any effort into it. In this case though, I think if you're going to do it then it should be done lik e that shitty Hilary Duff book that came out a few years back where it's got the celeb's name plastered all over it but the publisher and celeb were upfront from the start that it was a "co-written" book and it clearly says on the book that it's written by two people. At least in that case it's like...yes this is still a transparent cash grab that required no actual effort on Hillary's part, but at least Hillary isn't taking total credit for someone else's words.

jbsayshi
Informer
Informer

Post by jbsayshi »

Sorry to bring up old stuff but Zoe did mention her ghost writing again...

Anyway, Penguin claim that Siobhan Curham was an "editorial consultant" for the book. Does anyone know what that means? Also, I know that a huge piece of evidence was that Curham wrote a blog post about writing a book like Zoe's in a short amount of time, was it ever confirmed that she was talking about Girl Online? Because I thought I read that they said it was about a different book?

I just can't get my head around the fact that Zoe is joking about her huge mistakes as if they didn't happen or were untrue? What kind of horrible person does something wrong and then jokes about how funny it is that they did it? Unless she was trying to get the point across that while she did have that one book ghostwritten, that doesn't mean EVERYTHING she does is ghostwritten? It still bratty though.

It's like the boy who cried wolf, if you lie about one thing, don't complain when people don't believe you when you are actually being honest.

0rwen
Debater
Debater

Post by 0rwen »

See, this is why I hate this girl. Some of you say that you feel sorry for her, that Alfie or youtube ruined her, but no, she truly is a mean girl and such a lying cow, she manipulates and lies to kids just to make money, yet tries to play the victim. She's not that dumb guys, she knows how to play the I'm so cute and innocent pls feel sorry for me game and she's playing it well, I don't feel sorry for this girl at all, no wonder she doesn't have any friends lol

Sent from my BLOOM using Tapatalk

Shireluck
Informer
Informer

Post by Shireluck »

I think Zoe might finally get her dream come true... to be a Disney princess:

http://9gag.com/gag/anN22qL

realitychecker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by realitychecker »

Is it just me or does Joe look like Zoe without makeup?

SnatchingWeaves
Talker
Talker

Post by SnatchingWeaves »

anastasia wrote:I disagree with the above poster. I think it is shameful to have a ghost writer for fiction and she basically stuck two fingers up to writers with true talent who are struggling to get published because they aren't YouTube famous. The only time ghost writing is acceptable is for books like autobiographies etc.
I agree. think the problem isn't that she had someone write her book, it's that she put only her own name everywhere, never even mentioning she had help. It does make me angry because she can't write for shit, just look at her old blog posts that she did actually write herself. On the plus side, the book is already pretty bad as it is, imagine how bad it would be had she actually written it herself.
xoxo, GG

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

Return to “Zoella”