• Advertisement

Colour Pop

Re: Colour Pop

Postby Waldorfdarling » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 am

Now that they finally have international shipping, I ordered a few eyeshadows and I can't complain about the service. I was lucky enough to also get 2 lip glosses for free. The shipping fee was 10 bucks which was a bit steep but that's always the case for me when I order from the US. The products arrived very nicely packaged within 2 weeks' time which is pretty good. As for the shadows, the sparkle is really something special however they don't really go on as pigmented on the lids as you'd think. They tend to sheer out very easily, but honestly that's not a problem for me at all, in fact I prefer them that way. The glosses are very pigmented but a bit sticky, like most glosses are. I'd gladly shop from them again, but I think I'll wait for an instance when they have free shipping.
XOXO
Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby ifucsam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:42 am

Does anyone know if they've changed their ultra matte formula at all? I have a few of the original ones and they're SO DRYING. I bought one semi-recently and its pretty drying too. I know Lime Crime has a shady past but their formula is the best. I have a hard time paying $20+shipping though so I was hoping to use all my LC's up and switched to CP.
ifucsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby BornThisWay94 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

I just bought my first 2 lipsticks from them and I'm excited to see how they compare to Kylie
Image ImageImage
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby BornThisWay94 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:02 am

Double post sorry but it's been a month since my first Colourpop order and since then I've ordered more products. I'm pretty impressed with them, including how fast my orders get to me. The matte lipsticks are nice, the lip liners glide on and make filling in my lips super easy, and I really like the highlighters. However, the matte lipsticks feel a bit different than Kylie Cosmetics and they're DRYING as FUCK, a little more than KC--other than that, I enjoy them.

My favorite lip color I own by them is Bumble and my favorite highlighter I own by them is Lunch Money. Absolutely dreamy products!
Image ImageImage
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Swankiss23 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 pm

I bought a few super shock shadows from them a while back. Honestly they're nothing special imo and I'd rather just buy nyx/catrice shadows at ulta or something :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swankiss23
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby fihe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 pm

I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)
fihe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby Tsubaki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

I bought their Lumiere Lippie Stix and Pencil around the holiday season last year. They had free intl shipping, and it was the only time I could justify the purchase. I never make a large order first time and back then, it was the pot eyeshadows, pot highlighters, the liquid lips and lippie stix. They've expanded their range like crazy since.

I'm underwhelmed by the lippie and it's easier for me to access makeup in stores, so I don't think I'll be buying from CP again. I don't even like liquid lips, which is what they're best known for.
Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Postby ich » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:40 am

fihe wrote:I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)

Have you tried them by now? I want to order the concealers but I am concerned about them being overhyped.
English isn't my first language, sorry for any mistakes! <3
ich
Lurker
Lurker

Postby fihe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am

ich wrote:
fihe wrote:I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)

Have you tried them by now? I want to order the concealers but I am concerned about them being overhyped.

I have. I'm not sure if they don't look good under my eyes or if I'm using too much. With the applicator, it's easy to use too much, so I've tried applying just a little in the middle of my face, then blending outward. I haven't been able to get a smooth application under my eyes, either due to the sponge I use or perhaps my skin in that area being dry.
fihe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby jackassgap » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:20 pm

ifucsam wrote:Does anyone know if they've changed their ultra matte formula at all? I have a few of the original ones and they're SO DRYING. I bought one semi-recently and its pretty drying too. I know Lime Crime has a shady past but their formula is the best. I have a hard time paying $20+shipping though so I was hoping to use all my LC's up and switched to CP.

They definitely have. I have some older Ultra Mattes in my collection that I use for special occasions. Those feel so much nicer on the lips and they’re so comfortable. Some actually make my lips feel very soft. I actually haven’t bought from CP in a long time bc I was very disappointed with the Ultra Matte I bought last time. Half of them were too liquidy and made a mess when I tried putting them on. (It’s a shame bc I was in love with one of the shades.) The other half were very thick and caked up on my lips.

but the hard times are golden because they all lead to better days
jackassgap
Learner
Learner

Postby atlantic_gal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Colourpop to me is like getting cat fished. Their swatches look great on the arm, but when you actually use it as eyeshadow (especially the super shock shadows), they're terrible. So sheer, hard to work with, the glitters fall out is real.
atlantic_gal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Make up & Beauty Discussion
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge